III: Not Again

People aren't fair. They can just as easily give you power as they can take it away, and when they take something away, you can't get it back. Life isn't fair. You could be meant for greatness, but your fate could be stolen by someone whose just better than you, and it isn't either of your faults because it was cruel fate's decision to make your lives play out that way. Then there's regret. While there are many decisions you come to regret, many you can't undo or change. You may have many regrets, I on the other hand, only harbor one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up sweating. Breathing heavily as I tried to grip my senses and recalling what just happened. 'Neo...' I thought. I looked around me, my neck cracking and hurting when I looked too far left. I groaned as I rubbed the pain and looked around again, this time turning my body. I seemed to be in some sort of tent. The cloth walls around me forming a triangle at one end. I was lying on a small cot with a thin green sheet over me. I turned myself and put my feet on the ground, the sheet falling to the floor as I ascended. My shirt was gone, and I was in a pair of grey sweatpants I'd never seen before with stains I'd rather not ask about.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, leaving the tent, releasing myself to the warm night air. I seemed to be in some sort of camp. Tents like mine were scattered about around unlit fire bowls like mine was, as well as the 4 other tents around me. A mosquito landed on my hand for a moment, getting off just before I could slap it. The stupid inspect buzzed off and I raised my caution for other bugs in the air.

"Blood type b/t eh? So am I, what are the odds?" A guy's voice said from inside the tent to the direct left of mine.

A dude in a white t-shirt and black and white stripped prisoner pants lifted the flap of the tent and walked out, a mosquito perched on his left index finger. His hair was long, blonde, and messy, guy looked like a regular street thug.

"Not too often we get newbies around here, word is Raven herself brought you in, pretty interesting."

"Where am I, and who are you?" I demanded.

"You, my compadre, are in the camp of the Branwen tribe of bandits, commonly known simply as the Branwen Tribe. As for who I am, well, I'm pretty somebody else is gonna want to answer that. I'm what you'd call a bit of a low sleeper, so I couldn't help but hear you getting up, and something tells me another of our friends noticed you wake up as we'll. Ain't that right Vasta?" He said, looking behind me.

Some one came out of the tent on the far end, all the way across from mine. A girl with brown hair in a black tank top and shorts emerged.

"I hadn't until your loud footsteps Houzer." She said, her eyes starring him down, as if trying to drill into his soul.

"Oh sorry if you woke up, ain't my fault." The Houzer guy shrugged.

"Whatever douche, just go to sleep already!" She said angrily, heading back to sleep herself.

"Well, you heard the lay, better get back to the sack." Houzer said, stomping on the ground several times with a smug, satisfied grin before heading back to his tent.

I was picking up some familiar vibes from them, kinda like Mercery and Emerald. I tried my best to shrug off the similarities, heading back to my tent, strangely calmer than before and heading back to sleep quite easily. Not a moment later I woke back up, or at least it felt like a moment. I couldn't tell if I had a dream and forgot about it or if I just didn't have one.