I stopped for a moment, Roman seeing he'd caught my undivided attention, continued on.

"She was afraid that he may have been more powerful than her and that he might betray her and over take her, so she drove him away. She's got a new guy coming in to work for me to replace him, name's Akida, he's an assassin from out of town. No clue what his semblance is, but he's been in the assassin business for a while, so if you plan to do anything about this, I would suggest you watch your back around him. Now you may agree with me that Cinder's kind of a bitch, and I'm thinking that the two of us, y'know if you wanna team up, maybe we could strike it big and get her back. Granted we'd have to beat Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, and the White Fang along with Adam and Akida, but the White Fang are just a bunch of animals, and Cinders side bitches are just kids and you're just a kid, this is a stupid idea now that I think about it, I should really stop talking."

That. Bitch. I was so killing her ass, and Emerald, and Mercury, especially Mercury!

"Oh but now I can't stop seeing the opportunity, and I have trouble stopping myself when faced with opportunity and screw it, are you with he or not kid!?"

I grabbed his out reached hand and gave it a single shake.

"Perfect! We can talk money and dust later, but for now you didn't hear this from me. In fact, you didn't hear this, and if you have to blame someone, blame Adam, it only makes this easier. Now come on, I've gotta get back to my office, and you have to get back to your dorm, she can't suspect a thing, partner." Roman said.

We walked our separate ways, I picked up my umbrella to block the rain. Now I was ready to take action, I was ready to kill Cinder and find y/n to explain everything. There was no time for sitting around, I refused to take this! I would rise above that bitch, I would take the day, I would fight!

-----------------------

I'd been running for about a minute before I decided to check where everybody was. Houzer and the new guy were too far away for me to sense them, so was the tree guy. One of the medium builds had gone after Arcenciel, the other was gone, he must have gone after Greyscale. The big one was going after Arcenciel as well. 'Shit.' I thought. I got up and ran in his direction as quickly as I could. Tree after tree past as I ran between their shadows and the light bleeding through their leaves.

Then everything above me turned black, no light bled through the trees. Then heard a terrorizing screech, one of an unmistakable monster, a giant Nevermore was flying right above me, it's head tilted downwards toward me. I was now helpless in the sights of a monster...

-------------------------

Vasta Pearl had lived an abnormal life in Vacuo. Her father, Tigerseye Pearl, was the head of her family, the largest weapons tycoon in Vacuo. As such, she lived an easy life in comparison to most of the other people living in Vacuo. Being the only child of her parents, she had never found herself the best with other children her age, who saw her as weak and pampered, claiming she didn't belong with them, that she couldn't survive without her father's wealth and position.

To prove her courage, to both herself and her peers, she'd run away into the desert one night, only bringing the clothes on her 8 year old back. Day one was hardly a success in the eyes of an outsider, she was hungry, thirsty, and hot, but to her just being alive that long had been the biggest accomplishment of her life. That night would be the first life Vasta had ever taken, killing a scorpion that had come too close to her with a rock and proceeding to eat the parts she knew weren't poisonous from her books. That night would also be when she learned just how cold the desert could be, dropping to -7 degrees fahrenheit. She layer on top of a large red stone and cried herself to sleep, only to wake up early in the morning, when the rock had been heated by the sun and burnt her skin.