Yes, the origami chickens have returned.

Começar do início

"Matsuda is an idiot," I say simply, but to my surprise and puzzlement, Naomi disagrees.

"He's just..."

"An... idiot?"

She frowns slightly, picking up the marvellous water before yet again contradicting my belief of Matsuda's stupidity. "I think he's really sweet and funny."

I mean, sure, but this is Matsuda we're talking about.

He's the definition of an idiot.

But he is hilarious.

NOT AS MUCH AS ME THOUGH!

"Yeah, you're right," I agree.

Naomi nods happily. "So, how are things with L?" she asks. "Things got pretty sticky last night with that broadcast... didn't they?"

"Yeah," I frown. "I think L's worried about my safety..."

Naomi gives me a look.

"What?"

"You're surprised?" she mocks, "You're unpredictable, a hazard to all sane things, extremely dangerous and unbelievably dismissive of anything moderately serious."

I cry.

Naomi chuckles and says she was only joking really, although it all basically summed me up. "You're funny though, Freya, and I do feel good when I'm with you."

Woohoo!

"But... are you dating yet?" she presses, narrowing her eyes in interest of my personal GOSSIP.

"Yeah... he sort... said we were a 'thing' when Light asked about us..."

Naomi gasps. "That sneaky little..."

"Prune."

She laughs.

"I do love him though..." I admit with a dReAmY sigh.

"Tell him then!" Naomi urges.

WhAt?

I turn bright red. "No! I can't do that!"

"Awww... why not? You two are made for one another," she says honestly.

I turn an impossibly deeper shade of red. "Um... thanks, I'm glad you think so."

Eventually, we leave the cafe and wander around for a bit.

"So, where do you wanna go?" I yell over the horrible traffic and street noises.

Naomi shrugs and glances around at the array of shops and random places in the street.

I decide to buy a box of cakes for L, and Naomi just follows me around because she has nothing she wants to buy.

"You know, it's never dull when I'm with you Freya," Naomi says suddenly. "You have this bubble of joy and good humour that follows you everywhere."

I shrug as we exit the smol cake shop. "You make me feel peaceful Naomi," I tell her. "Not that that's a bad thing... it's a relief to spend time with you," I add.

We headed back to the hotel by bus.

Fortunately, it doesn't get hijacked or anything, so we return safely to the hotel.

"HEY, L I GOT YOU SMOL CAKES!" I yell, bursting through the door.

Naomi follows after me, placing her shoes neatly on the floor as mine fly around the room like missiles.

"Hey! You threw a shoe at me!" Mello scrEams, rubbing his bruised forehead.

I jump on the couch and fling my jacket in his abused face. "Where's L?" I ask loudly. "He has to take my gift of appreciation!" I cry, flopping off the couch and racing all around the hotel room in search of the fabulous detective.