Waffles and pineapple juice on the balcony.

Start from the beginning

"No problem." Light replies with a small smile.

I turn away so that I'm not facing him before I bless the world with my best expression of shock horror.

The brunette slips grAcefully into the desk beside me.

I can already feel L's very round eyes burning into the back of Light's head.

Wow, I'm really thirsty...

I want some pineapple juice.

The examiner - or whatever he's called - stands at the front of the room. "And, begin!" he cries.

I used to love exams at school.

I know what your thinking;

'WHAAAAAT?'

But I enjoyed watching my fellow students suffer as my careful revision and attention paid off.

The man paces down the rows of desks with hawklike eyes. "You there, student number 162, sit properly in your chair!" he scolds.

I turn to catch a glimpse of L with his eyes still glued to the back of Light's head and his toes poking out onto the desk.

I stuff my mouth into my sleeve to stifle my snorts of laughter.

Light is distracted from an epic staring competition with L to glaring at me like I'm utterly delusional.

"What's so funny?" he whispers accusingly.

Wow, Light defending L!

"N-nothing!" I stammer, tears of laughter rolling down my face. "Ryuga is... hahaha!"

"Oh, you know that guy..." Light dismisses, looking back down at the paper and finally beginning to write.

I do the same and actually find them pretty easy.

It's like someone just downloaded KNOWLEDGE into my brain.

The exam ends soon after I complete the papers as best I can, and I hand it into the examiner who stares into my SOUL.

What with him?

Dodgy fella...

【L】

"Do you still want waffles?"

"Yes," I reply, "and pineapple juice, and we have to eat them outside."

It'll be a few days until the opening ceremony, so we don't have to come back to the university for a while.

Watari has found us waffles and pineapple juice, he even bought enough for Near, Mello, and Naomi!

When we arrive back at the hotel I put some pillows on the balcony and we sit there to eat.

"Who's idea was this?" Mello asks, bemused, as he slumps onto a pillow with a waffle that looks like it's been drowned in an ocean of chocolate sauce.

"Guess..." L mutters in monotone.

I hand Near a waffle. "This is a great idea!" I clap my hands together.

"I'm starving..." Naomi is practically drooling.

"Who wants strawberries?" I ask.

"Chocolate." Mello scowls frighteningly with chocolate already covering his face.

tHis child!

Near grins faintly.

【L】

Some smart looking kids are hanging out at the entrance to the building, L and I are sitting on a bench sharing some sweets and watching them like the creepy children we are.