"So?" I question, "Is that a big deal?"

"Um, yes!" Zane and Reagan answer at the same time, and I give them a weird look, too.

"Mhm, okay well uh, I'm gonna go," I say quietly before getting up and walking backward towards the exit.

I head towards the training room, no one is in here, of course, so I go on over to one of the punching bags and try some new moves that I read about in a book from the Dauntless gift shop. It moves the bag quite a bit, much to my delight, and soon enough the other initiates begin to pile in, so I stop and go to join them. It's quite odd that none of them have tried to befriend me, probably because I'm usually always with Zane and Reagan but whatever I guess.

"Alright initiates! We're going to do a bit of technique work, and then the fighting will begin!" Eric shouts coldly, so I guess he is in a bad mood. Or at least a worse mood than usual.

If this was a book I was reading I would have probably been in love with him by now, but it isn't. Life isn't just a fairytale, I've learned that the hard way. It just isn't. Assigns us to our punching bags. I immediately know that I should probably not smart off today, I'll get myself killed with his mood.

"Initiate!" Eric snaps from behind me making me sigh frustratedly, "You can do better than that,"

'Why does he always say that? It's always the same phrase over and over again!' I thought to myself as I took my anger out on the bag, it moving farther as I go.

"Initiate," he starts again, "you're doing it all wrong..."

I sigh frustratedly, "Then do please tell me what I'm doing wrong considering the other initiate's bags aren't even moving half as far as mine is," I snap, turning around to glare at him.

We have a stare off for a moment before he roars out, "First jumper, in the ring! Last jumper, in the ring!"

I glare at him before stalking off towards the ring, bouncing on the balls of my feet, then take a swig out of my water bottle, and Max gets in the ring, him and I are actually tied, he's just as good I just don't ever really feel like elaborating considering it's just one person, but I can't think like that. Eric's taking out whatever's going on through his mind on me.

"Fight." He states coldly staring at us as the other transfers gather around to watch.

He steps before he punches, that's what I've learned from watching him, as I said a few days ago, you need to learn your opponents. He steps and I immediately duck, turning around behind him, taking both of his hands as forcefully as I possibly can, twisting them behind his back. He screeches out in pain, and I push my knee down on his back. And he lays there for several seconds but I loosen my force, and he swipes my feet out from under me.

He quickly stands up before I can comprehend anything, and goes to stomp my head. But I move my head out of the way, lunging back up and getting back into my stance. He goes for another punch for my gut but I grab his wrist and yank him away from me, but he just turns back around just as quickly and plants a punch right onto my jaw, and I can slightly feel blood draw from my lip which I ignore. I go to punch his face but he dodges, punching my stomach yet again, and I take this moment of open face to punch him right in the face, and he grabs at his nose, I glance over at Eric.

"You have to keep going until one of you is knocked out," I let out a shaky breath.

We keep going at it until I finally have him back down on the ground, and put as much force as possible into a punch at his face, looking away slightly as I do so. He stops fighting, he's knocked out. I let out a shaky breath as I step out of the ring, wiping the blood that has been dripping from my lip with the back of my hand.