Happy Birthday, Maki Roll (Maki x Kaito)

Note: this is a non-despair AU.

Also, Maki is Tsundere and that's part of her character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki sighs as she lays down on her bed.

Today is her birthday but she feels like birthdays are not special. Besides... nobody wants to celebrate with someone who barely expresses emotions.

'What's the point about celebrating my birthday? i don't even feel happy and grateful about it.' Maki thought.

Sure, when she was little, the children at her orphanage would celebrate her birthday, give her presents, and wish her a happy birthday.

But things changed for her. She prefers being alone.

"I wonder how I would start my day." The Ultimate Assassin said, with sarcasm.

When she got brushed her teeth, takes a shower, and got dressed, Maki went to the kitchen.

She cooks her own breakfast and eats it.

Then, there was a knock on the door.

Maki opens the door and it was Kaito Momota.

"Happy Birthday, Maki Roll!" Kaito said with a smile.

"Kaito, you don't need to say that to me... I just feel like my birthday isn't special." She said, with bitterness.

Kaito's eyes were widen. He never thought that Maki would feel negative about her special day.

He strongly believes that birthdays are special because people tell them that they cared about you, having great times, and to feel happy in your life.

"I do appreciate you seeing me. I'll just celebrate my birthday with me, myself and I." She replies and shut the door.

Luckily, Kaito stops her from shutting the door.

"There is no way I'm letting you feel sad on your birthday. What you need is a special place to go to." Kaito said with determination.

"i don't need to go outside. I love staying in my house." She argues.

"And you need to go outside and have fun instead of sitting on the couch, eating a birthday ice cream, and watching tv like a couch potato." He said, crosses his arms.

'Goddamn it! Kaito does have a good point.' Maki thought, feeling defeated.

"Fine. I'll go with you." The red-eyed teen said as she opens the door.

"Alright! Now that's the spirit! I got an idea of what place we can go." He said, with optimism.

She went inside Kaito's car and he drives her to the carnival.

They arrive at the carnival. There are Ferris wheel, merry go rounds, clowns, and rollercoasters.

He parks his car in the parking lot and the duo got out.

"Now then, let's have fun on your birthday. Which ride do you want to go on, Maki Roll?" The ultimate Astronaut said.

Maki thought about it and spots a rollercoaster.

"i want to go on the rollercoaster." Maki said.

Suddenly, Kaito's face went pale.

"N-No problem! Let's do it." He said with a shaky smile as they both went on the rollercoaster. They were seated in the front row.

"If you feel scared, you know you don't have to go on the rollercoaster. I can just ride alone." She said.

"What? Me? Scared? Nah! I'm not scared of rollercoaster!" He said with confidence.