Chapter VI

Poe and the rest of his squadron were finally off world awaiting orders. "General Organa, we are off-world and awaiting orders," Poe said over a secure line. It was dead for a moment before the general's voice came through. 

"Your mission target is on Kaddak. He would not give us his name, but he is quite valuable to the First Order and wants to help us out."

"So, he won't tell us his name, only his value to the First Order? Sounds suspicious." Kare replied. 

"I agree," General Organa replied, "But he claims to have knowledge of the location of various First Order shipyards and patrol routes. Information we desperately need." 

"How does he all know this?" Poe asked. 

"He claims to be a ship engineer at one of the shipyards. I am fully aware this may be a trap, but I can't risk missing the chance. If he is what he says he is, bring him back." 

"Understood General," Poe confirmed.

"I have uploaded his exact coordinates and how you will locate him to your coms. Good luck and may the Force be with you." 

The coms with the General went silent. 

"Well, guys let's go to one of the unhappiest places I know of." Poe readied his X-wing to enter hyperspace, "Ready, engage hyperdrives." 

The three pilots entered hyperspace with dread. "So, what happened to the information on the patrol routes last week?" Iolo asked. 

"The First Order changed them soon after that. Something spooked them enough to move several of their flagships and change their routes," Kare clarified. 

'Diana,' Poe thought. He figured she was the one who gave them that information just days before her arrival. It didn't dawn on him til now that her mysterious escape caused the Frist Order to move somethings around out of precaution. 

"Won't they just do it again if they find out why were are heading towards Kaddak?" Iolo asked. 

"That's why this is being kept a secret."

"Poe, I swear," Kare sighed, "You can be such a smart ass." 

Poe rolled his eyes at the comment. He wondered if this agent knew anything about Diana. He figured not since she was a pilot on a star destroyer, far away from any shipyard. 

The squadron came out of hyperspace to the lawless planet. "Let's make this quick. I don't want to be here longer than I have to," Poe groaned. 

The three pilots landed without a hitch, but they kept their guard up and their blasters close. "He is apparently supposed to meet us at a cantina at this location," Iolo stated pulling up the information. 

"What is he suppose to be wearing?" Kare asked. 

"A red cloak with white belts." 

"Odd fashion choice," Poe retorted, "Well, lets head that way then shall we?" The trio headed into the starport in search of the mysterious operative. It was humid on Kaddak that day making the crowds even worse. The place was filled with pirates, bounty hunters, and gangs. Some were hiding here and others pretend to run the place. But, Poe knew better. This was once Terex's turf, and in many ways was still. 

They kept their eyes peeled for any members of his old gang, the Rancs. It had been passed on to another member once Terex left to work for the First Order. 

Poe was walking by an outdoor bar when he noticed a hologram that a pair of bounty hunters were looking at. "Hey, you two go on a little ahead, I'll meet up with you. May have found some interesting information on the First Order."