Call of the Dead

What the... Where are we? Isabella thought, opening her eyes and taking in her surroundings. 

Fuck it's cold... She realized as goosebumps began to form on her exposed arms. Trying her best to push herself up, a groan close to her got her attention as she looked around, spying Nikolai a few feet away. She watched as he tried standing up, only to stumble forward, falling flat on his face as the effects of the teleportation were obviously still too much for him. 

"Fuck!" He shouted, landing on the concrete floor loudly and waking the others.

Isabella sat up, still feeling a bit nauseous as she watched her comrades wake up slowly, apparently feeling not so well themselves. 

Poor Takeo... She thought, watching the Japanese soldier's pale face as he struggled with the smallest movements. Richtofen, seemingly less affected by the sickness than everyone else, stood up shakily and made his way to the teleporter's control panel while mumbling to himself in German.

"Where the fuck are we?" A deep voice growled behind Isabella, making her jump slightly before she recognized the raspy tone. Turning around, she saw Dempsey doing his best to stand up on shaky legs, his face still a bit pale. 

"I don't know..." Isabella admitted, confused for once and not recognizing this room they were in from any previous zombie game her and Brianna had ever played. Brianna yawned next to her, waking up as she grabbed onto her sister's shoulder for support, blinking a few times before speaking. 

"I-Isabella...? Did we do it? What happened...?"

"I'm not sure..." Isabella answered honestly, turning to her sister and leaning in to whisper in her ear before continuing. "Bri, do you recognize where we are...?"

Brianna paused, looking around the small room they were in. The walls seemed to be made of metal... No windows and just one metal door that was currently shut and missing any kind of handle. 

That could be a problem... Brianna thought, continuing her inspection as her eyes caught sight of the teleporter in the corner. Other than that, there really wasn't much else in the small space. A desk with some papers on it, a filing cabinet and a single wooden chair... 

"No..." Brianna said after a moment, thinking back on all the previous maps they had played. "I've never seen this room before..."

The faint sound of footsteps on the other side of the door got everyone's attention as they all turned to stare in the direction of the noise.

"Hey? Hey!" Dempsey spoke up, walking over to the metal door and banging on it with his fist. "Is there anyone out there? We're stuck in this room!"

"Hello?" Nikolai shouted, joining in on the conversation and stumbling towards the door. "There is a Russian stuck in a room! This is not good!"

Richtofen sighed as he stepped out of the teleporter and moved towards the door as well, noticing the small control panel on the wall in addition to what seemed to be a small delivery tube... 

"Excuse me," He said, tapping on the door's metal surface a few times before continuing. "Is zhere anyone out zhere zhat vould be villing to help? Hellooo?"

The sound of metal colliding with metal could be heard suddenly as everything went dark. 

"I'm blind! I'm blind in my eyes!" Nikolai cried, panicking as he waved his arms around in front of his face, accidentally swatting Brianna in process. 

"Ouch! Watch it Nikolai!" She hissed, rubbing her nose as she felt around for a place to sit.