Chapter 17

Chapter 17 ~ Asa

Oh why was she so perfect? Too perfect. For me. Were were too people from two so different worlds. Putting us together just wouldn't work. And nothing could change that.

I sighed as I slid into my seat, taking a deep breath after explaining that the principal knew I was late. Ugh. School. I had ignored my alarm clock for a reason. The only reason I actually looked forward to school was Rowan. She was so gorgeous. I zoned off during class, thinking about her. Were the guys right? Should I ask her out? Mom said the same.....but what if she rejected. I couldn't handle that.

"Class, you are dismissed. Homework is on the board." The teacher said. I glanced up and scribbled down the assignment in my notebook. Then I stood up and walked out of the room.

"Hey..." A familiar voice said. I looked up to find leaning on a locker, books in one hand, smiling. Her eyes twinkled, and I felt my insides collapse.

"Oh hey Rowan." I smiled.

"How was math?" She asked, joining me as we walked to our next class.

"Boring. As usual. I wasn't even paying attention." I said.

"Ah, same. Daydreaming, huh?" She smiled at me. I looked at her and for a moment it felt like she knew what I was thinking about.

"Um, yeah." I muttered.

"Same...." She whispered, looking down.

I wonder what about?

*****

I sat down at the table and sighed.

"So, Mr. Butterfield, have you gotten the nerve yet?" Calum asked. I looked at my food.

"Um, actually...." I started. Nick sighed.

"Are you serious? Man, she completely has feelings for you! Look! She's looking at you right now." He said, lowering his voice. I knew he was lying but I turned and saw Rowan looking straight at me. We locked eyes for a second, and a smile formed on her face as she quickly turned to her friends, who started laughing. Did she just blush?

"You see!!! Seriously Asa, get a grip man." Scott said, rolling his eyes. I played nervously with the potatoes on my plate. Took a bite of the steak. What could I do? I watched Rowan saying something to Ashley, and take a bite of her salad.

Salad. Salad. Anorexic. Salad. What could I possibly do?

"Do you think Rowan's skinny?" I asked, before I could reconsider. Shoot. Why did I say it?

"Yeah. She's like a freaking walking stick. The other girls must be so jealous." Nick said. I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"Yeah, I know right! During gym I swear I was bracing myself for her legs to crack. They're so tiny!" Scott said. I nodded. I couldn't handle this anymore. I liked Rowan. They said she liked me. She needed help. I could provide it. Why not give it a go?

"C'mon Asa! Ask her out! Live a little. You only live once, right?" Calum scoffed. I looked at Rowan who glanced my way, and quickly turned around, blushing.

"Fine! I'll do it! I'll walk her home today and ask her out!" I said. The guys cheered and clapped, causing our table to get unneeded attention.

"Cut. It. Out." I hissed as they continued to whistle. I saw Ashley grin at her friends and she whispered something to Rowan, whose eyes widened. What was this all about?

"Good for you man! C'mon, let's go play some footie." Nick said, and we stood up.

Yet I couldn't help but feel nervous for todays walk home....

QOTD: Did you start school yet?

Sooooo this chapter is super short, and I don't like it, but it had to be done.

I had the "opening ceremony" in school yesterday but I was beginning to get sick and now am stuck at home with a cold. I wish so badly I could be at school, seeing as it's a new school and I really wanted to make a friend or something.....Ugh now I'm gonna be so left out..#lyfe

My class only has 8 people! And that's the whole grade! Pretty crazy, it's a small school if you couldn't tell :)

So do you think Asa will actually ask Rowan out? He seems pretty skeptical at the end if you ask me ;) Hoping to upload the next chapter by Saturday/Sunday? I always make false guesses though so it will most likely be posted next week.

Make sure to comment, and vote! Also follow me, I try to follow back and only have 8 followers atm

Love you lots! ~ Nat