Chapter 2

Chapter 2 ~ Rowan

I walked down the pavement to our house. I couldn't help thinking about my birthday presents. What would they come up with this time?? I opened the door and walked into the living room. Everyone was there. How did Kayla and Mikey get home so fast?? And why was Dad home from work so early?

"Honey, please sit down. We have something to tell you." The look on everyones faces made me uncomfortable but I did as mom told me.

"We have your other few presents waiting but we thought we'd tell you first." Dad explained. What was happening?? Did someone die?

"Okay, Rowan at first we just wanted to go for a week but we just found out that Dad's job got transferred and since you like London so much...Rowan we're moving to London." Mom said.

"What??" I exclaimed. Mom's jaw tightened, bracing herself for my anxiety attack. Is that why they looked so serious?? Were they all scared of my reaction? Well I was going to prove them wrong.

"That's AMAZING! When are we leaving?" I said excitedly. London!! That's where he could be!!

"In a week." Aunt Carrie said. My heart stopped.

"So enjoy your last week." Mom said. I grinned. Everyone smiled back.

"Your presents are in your room." Aunt Carrie added. I nodded and ran upstairs. A pile of presents rested on my bed, but I wasn't interested. I pushed them off and sat down. In seconds, my phone was in my hands and I was texting Abby

- Abby GUESS WHAT! I'm MOVING TO LONDON!!!

I sent the same text to Jenny and in seconds I got a reply from Abby

- OH my gosh you are NOT! I can visit you right ;) Lucky gurl!!

I was so glad she didn't start send me crying faces. She knew how much this meant to me. Jenny answered a similar way. I was so thankful to have such amazing friends. I started to put away things I wouldn't use this week. A WEEK! And then I would be in my dream city. This was amazing. Was it really happening?? I opened up my presents. They were actually pretty cool.

It took about an hour to finish all my homework and then mom came up.

"So you're sure your okay with all this Rowan?" She asked. I sighed.

"Mom, yes. You know how much I love London." I explained. She rested against my bedroom door.

"It's a new country, even a knew continent! I just want to make sure you will feel safe. I'm glad you're looking forward to it. What about your friends?"

"They seem fine. I texted them already, but I'll talk to them tomorrow. I'll make new ones." I said quickly. Mom smiled.

"Great. I know its horrible being taken out of school in November, but we have to do it. I'll let your teachers know so they stop giving you homework and you'll have time to start packing. Dinners ready soon." Mom got up from her place and walked out, not even waiting for a reply. I shrugged to myself and leaned against my pillows.

I was moving to London!!

~

The week past extremely fast. I said my goodbyes to my besties, and we cried a lot. I got a card signed by all my classmates, and many of my teachers gave me compliments. My anxiety started acting up on the last day, as everyone ran up to give me a ceremonial hug, but it was done in seconds. Then I had a good cry with Abby and Jenny, and we were off. I wrote my name on my favorite wall in my room, and grabbed my suitcase. Everything was rushing by so fast. Was this what I wanted? I wasn't sure.

Two hours later we were walking through the gate to board our plane. My heart was fluttering and my hands were cold from too much sweating. I took my place next to Kayla and opened the little screen over my window. Kayla offered me some gum and I took it it gratefully , resting my head on my hand.

Then the plane was off and we careened upwards, leaving Michigan far behind the clouds