The Ruined Residence

The Quagmires and Hector had just gotten out of the taxi and had arrived at the rusty and abandoned house. They were also on the edge of a cliff which had Lake Lachrymose directly below it. Figuratively "standing on the edge of a cliff" could mean that somebody is feeling scared as well as anxious. Currently the four companions were all feeling that they were standing on the edge of a cliff. They also knew that the thing that could save them of falling would be finding their friends.

         Returning to the literal world, the four companions were searching the ruins of the house that the Baudelaire's had once lived in with their Aunt Josephine. So far all of the rooms had been searched and they reported nothing found.

         Then they met up in front of the last room they needed to search. "It's the library" Duncan said. They searched throughout the library. "There are just a bunch of books on grammar all over the place" said Duncan. "Wait there is a safe here" said Hector pointing at an open safe. "It's empty" said Isadora. "I think we should go" said Quigley. "Yeah" they all agreed. The four left the ruined house.

         Quigley walked outside with the rest of his siblings and Hector and were prepared to head to the city. They started to walk towards the market at the center of the city so that they could get a taxi. "Look over there" Isadora pointed. They saw a taxi speeding towards them. "Does anyone need a ride somewhere for a cheap price" called a familiar voice. "Hello again" the taxi driver said. He felt quite tense as he learned that he could check if the people in the car were part of V.F.D.

         On the other hand the Quagmires and Hector were ready to return to The City. "Where should we go" Hector asked. "Can we think about where we want to go for a second" Quigley asked. "Sure, no need to make a Very Fast Decision" said the Taxi Driver. The Quagmires and Hector looked at each other confused with the V.F.D reference but decided to let it go. "We should go to the Hotel Denouement because it was the last place the Baudelaire's were seen before they went missing" Hector decided. "Good Idea" Isadora replied. "We need to go to the ruins of the Hotel Denouement" Isadora told the taxi driver. "Well get ready for a Very Fun Drive" said the Taxi Driver.