Chapter 6: Accession Pt. 1

Dick nervously checked his phone. Well, he shouldnt be nervous. Since Wally left a few hours ago Dick has been at work but Wally hadn't told him he arrived safely home or even what the big danger was that he was needed for in Central. The only reason why Dick wasnt in Central City via Zeta Tube was because Wally was periodically sending texts every hour or so just because he knew his husband would freak about not knowing.

Dick glanced at his phone again a few minutes later and breathed a sigh of relief.

W: Dont worry babe. I'm still alive. Heading home now. I'll see you when you get home.

Dick put away his phone and focused on his paperwork. A few hours later he practically ran out to his car, battling the cold that is Bludhaven, and headed home.

"Hey Dick," Wally said and picked up his husband as soon as he entered their apartment.

"Woah," Dick exclaimed, "What's going on?"

"I have some news," Wally said with something between a smile and nervous look on his face.

"Hit me," Dick responded.

"Well, with the birth of the twins and everything Barry wants me to start patrolling in Central again," Wally started.

"Oh that's wonderful! I'm sure your happy to work with him again and dont worry about Bludhaven, I can handle it," Dick said with an encouraging smile.

Wally rubbed his hand on the back of his neck before continuing, "The thing is...I wouldnt be patrolling with Barry...I'd be patrolling as Barry." Dick slowly pieced it together. "Barry asked me to be Flash for a while, at least until they get a handle on the twins and maybe longer," Wally finished, a blank expression on his face as he waited for Dick's reaction.

"Oh my god," Dick started, "That's wonderful!"

Wally breathed a sigh in relief and smiled brightly, "So yeah, I'm the Flash."

Dick wrapped his arms around Wally before smirking at him, "Did Barry give you a costume yet?"

"Yeah, why?" Wally asked, smile growing.

"Wanna try it out?" Dick asked.

"Definitely, patrol?" Wally asked.

"Give me 3 minutes to change," Dick said and skipped into their bedroom, Wally close behind to change into his new uniform.

"Well, it looks a little big," Dick said, looking his husband up and down a few minutes later.

Wally blushed, "Yeah, I'm not quite Barry's size but it isnt that bad."

"Oh it's fine, you just dont fill it out like you do your Kid Flash uniform," Dick said as he walked past Wally, slapping his ass, before jumping out the window.

"Hey! You're only sad you cant stare at my ass all night!" Wally called as he sped down the side of the building to chase his already disappearing husband. Wally caught up quickly knowing that he wouldnt have if Dick didnt want him to and swept the man off his feet.

The echo of explosions in the distance caused them to glance down the road. "Back to work?" Dick asked.

"One sec," Wally said and pressed a kiss to Dick's lips.

Dick awkwardly pulled back.

"Sorry, I just keep imagining your uncle in that costume," Dick said as he started to cross the rooftop. Wally pouted slightly.

On the rooftop ledge Dick turned around as he jumped off, "I'll get used to it!"