Chapter 1: Why Me?

Hey guys! :)

So this is my first book and I hope you enjoy this! I will try to update this book as soon as I can. Thank you for choosing to read my book! :D

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

It was all a blur. The day when my life came crashing down upon me.

The day when all my hopes and dreams crushed.

The day when my mother died from a heart attack. I can't quite picture it anymore because I pushed it away far enough to not remember it. It only happened a day ago.

I just came back from school and boom! It happened.

"Hey beautiful! How was school?" she asked gleaming her smile at me.

She named me after the beautiful greek goddess Adara.

I still wonder why she named me that because all I see in the mirror is a potato. I don't know what you saw in me mom.

"The usual. Boring and tiring." I replied giving her a tired serious look.

"Haha well OKAY. I'm just about to start dinner, what would you like honey?" she said trying to make the conversation happier.

"Ummm.....okay..what about....some salad?" I reply smiling because I know I told her that yesterday too.

"Salad again?! What are you trying to do, lose weight?" She joked shoving me a little still beaming that smile of hers.

"Haha omg mom noooo...I'm just in the mood for some salad!" I laugh and shove her back.

"Alright alright Ms. Healthy girl." she said.

Then I went to the couch, found the remote and turned on the t.v. to watch the Vampire Diaries. AMAZING SERIES.

As I was into half of the episode, I hear a loud clash in the kitchen like something fell hard to the ground. I run as quickly as I can to check on my mother.

"Mom you clumsy, you always dro--" I say until I see the full view of my mother on the floor with the glass bowl full of salad on the floor broken and my mother in shock on the floor clutching at her chest and trying to tell me something but I can't quite hear her.

"OH MY GOD MOM!!!!" I yell as I run to her on the floor panicking, "Are you okay?! Oh my god. MOM!"

"C-c-call.......9........1.......1........." she tells me still in shock.

With tears running down my face I run to my backpack to find my cell phone and quickly dialed 911 with my shaking hands.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"M-my mom......she...she is in pain! I think she has a heart attack! Please! Come quickly! Hurry!" I yell into the phone as if thats gonna do something.

"Okay let's try to be calm now...What's your address?" the lady asks me.

"5643 Loom Drive..." I say trying to be calm.

"Okay stay calm, help is on they way!" she tells me.

I hang up and run quickly to my mother caressing her head in my arms.

"Mom?" I call softly feeling the tears slowly fall down my cheeks.

"Adara...." my mother says, "I....love.....you.....so.....much....beautiful..."