The best day ever

Bridget~

Ahh, 4th period, my favorite class of the day, also my only non AP class too. Aerobic fitness. Because I honestly needed more dancing in my day rather than just my two hours every morning from 5-7.

This class really was the best though, it had so many new people for me to meet and it was pretty much an excuse to joke and mess around for 45 minutes and still count towards graduation. I had all of the other elites in this class and even Lys too. All she does is show off anytime she can, but I just liked the time with her.

As usual the whole front row of mats was us, the second row was the soccer girls and a few other seniors, then the back row of stragglers, I recognized a few from groups like French club and theater, but 'she' was nowhere to be found yet.

Just as if she read my mind, in came the girl who haunts my thoughts. Ellie grabbed her mat and found her usual place in the back with 3 other girls she regularly occupied that corner with.

She looked up and caught my eye in the mirror, damnit, she caught me, again! I gave her my best award winning smile, one I used for all my dance competitions and in return I got my own little timid smile back. She looked away again and avoided my eyes at all costs.

She wore a grey muscle tank with the front of it tucked slightly into her running capris, she had her nike pros waist band folded over the top of the capris to show the logo. She sure looked delicious. Her legs always made my mouth water.

I noticed Lys trying to get my attention so I turned back to her, resisting the urge to go back to memorizing Evelyn's everything. Lys gave me a puzzled expression then went on about how skylar was pining after her again today. I pretended to be interested and let her carry out her story, knowing if i just let it run her course she'd leave me be for another 10 minutes, hopefully.

Mrs. Swansen finally came in and turned on the blaring music we usually spend the class listening to, efficiently cutting Lys out and ending her story. While Silently saying a prayer for Mrs. S in my heart and thanking her, she approached me and asked for a favor of leading the class today. She had been swamped with preparing routines and paper work and needed a hand. I accepted gladly. Although, Sad I couldn't look through the large mirrors aligning all the walls and enjoy my girl. Then I remembered I have the privilege of walking around the room and correcting posture and helping out. I'm sure I could find a reason to 'help her.'

Eager to begin, I put on the tiny microphone to be able to speak over the music and started the warmups. Today looks like it's shaping up to be the best yet.