The name game

Bridget~

God, the only down side to prepping for competitions for dance was the foods and drink restrictions. They were mandatory for the varsity team, basically it went "if you eat anything to make you fat or carbs in general, don't bother showing up day of it." Not only that but we also had to drink a gallon of water everyday. And that was no joke either. Coach Swansen practically enforces it till you're on the verge of a mental breakdown. And believe me, you'll have at least one if you make final cuts for the team.

But anyways, a gallon of water every day kind of puts a toll on your body, in fact this is the second trip to the bathroom and it's only 3rd period, joyous. I had just finished washing my hands when a jostling of one of the stall locks had caught my attention. I glanced through the mirror on my left to catch who was coming out. I guess I had gained quite a habit of staring through mirrors lately, and the reason behind that hasn't helped my focus on anything as of lately. When I saw who came through the stall I silently cursed my luck, it was exactly who had been messing up my reverie the past two and a half weeks. I didn't know her name but i felt like I could pick her out from a crowd by now.

God I'm such a stalker. She was roughly 5'3", had the build of the other soccer players in the class but you could tell she goes to the gym and cares for her body. Blonde hair, but not just blonde, it was a mane of luscious gold and tints of dark spread throughout it. That's the only way you could describe it. Well not only, I could think more of 'sex hair', I blushed rapidly and pushed that thought out of my mind. Ok how about woke up and left, no, it was purposely tousled and wild, but damn, it looked so good. Especially on her, it was a mess that couldn't be tamed and god the least I could say was I was envious. Yet, it may have been wild it looked smooth as honey, I bet it smelled like it too. She wore expensive looking ankle boots, doc Martines from the look of them, matte black I think. From there it was plaid patterned red pants borderline Maroon instead of red with the bottom of the legs rolled up an inch past her boots. Tanned golden olive skin peeked out, she wore a brown leather belt and a black sweat shirt slightly tucked into the front of the pants. The sweatshirt was, well slim but baggy, hugged all the right places and looked snug as hell. She looked so soft grunge, like a crystal castles album cover or a Lana Del Rey vinyl enthusiast or some other tumblr shit. It was attractive honestly, and it's even weirder because she's not my type at all.

Along with her oh so appealing outfit today she wore a nose ring, just a plain gold one. A watch, also gold, and no make-up, I think.

She caught my eye in the mirror and smiled almost sheepishly at me. Fuck... She caught me staring, ok ok play it cool. "Hey, aren't you in my aerobic fitness class?" I asked casually.

She looked around, only to find just us in the bathroom, "uh.. Oh, um yeah, with um Swansen...?" Saying as she blushed slightly, her stance resembling a deer ready to bolt. Did I make her nervous?

"Yeah, haha she's kind of a nut, but at least you don't have to spend 3 hours a day with her. It gets rough some days! Oh I never got your name by the way?" Nice Bridget, very inconspicuous, not rude at all.

"El..." She mumbled, the last bit of it cut off, I could hardly understand at all.

"Ally, you said?" God, she looks like a deer caught in headlights.

"No Ellie... Evelyn Maestrom, but I just go by Ellie. Or whatever..." She finally looked me in the eye, they were green but flare out and mix into a brown at the edges, and with a slight reddish around the center. And in fact she wore no makeup except her eyebrows were colored in expertly and a bit of mascara. Slightly smudged in one of the corners. she was absolutely flawless without it too. No pimples, clear skin, amazing eyebrows minimal pore visual. Basically a goddess.

"Evelyn... That's cute, what grade are you in? Oh, I'm Bridget by the way." I held out my hand, she hesitantly took it, her hand placed timidly below mine. Extreme introvert, if that wasn't obvious enough before. Her hands were soft. It slipped out of my grip before I could Analyze her anymore.

"Sophomore, and I already know who you are, your name shows up all the time around school. I.. I mean in a good way..." So she knows who I am, well that's no surprise I'm involved in most of everything the school has to offer.

"Well, uh... It was really nice to meet you... I guess I'll see you around..." She quickly turned and hightailed it out of there.

I caught her scent as she rushed, it wasn't honey at all, it was Like her own heady mixture of cinnamon and peppermint. Intoxicating.