Chapter 17

Lacey's POV

I woke up in Rain's arms from a well needed nap. Alex is gone I assume she went to the meeting. I shut my eyes and stretch, I look down towards the foot of the huge bed and I see a dark figure. I jumped and squeaked a little. This woke up Rain and followed to where I was looking. We cover ourselves and Rain growls at her.

"Easy there, tiger. You just looked like some fun, I wanted to know if I could join." Her voice is low and raspy. I shiver but not in a good way. I don't like her.

"Sorry whatever you are, this fun isn't for you." Rain snaps.

The dark figure chuckled,
"I smell my Lord all over you, if you are good enough for her picky taste you must really be something." With that she jumped at us before we had a chance to say we were Alex's mates.

The door blast open, nearly splintering off its hinges. Alex quickly rips the figure away before she reaches us. They stand at the foot of the bed, Alex's back to us in a protective stance. The figure hisses but stops as she sees it Alex.

"My Lord." She moves her hand to her chest and bows.

"Mordi." (Pronounced More-Die) she says seriously.

"What are you doing in here, you were supposed to leave and scout the vampires." Her voice is serious and chilling. I shudder in delight this time. Its so hot.

"I smelt something delicious and thought I could have some fun. You don't mind me having your sloppy seconds, right?" Alex shakes in anger, she releases a ground shaking roar. It was Demarco doing it.

"THEY ARE NOT SLOPPY SECONDS, THEY ARE MY MATES AND FUTURE RULERS OF THE UNDERWORLD!! YOUR FUTURE MASTERS!!!" The figure now known as Mordi falls to the ground and cowers away. The raw power and dominance of Demarco's voice has Rain and I hot and bothered.

Rain has her hands on my hips keeping me close, moving so her knee is at my center.

"Forgive me, my Lord. I beg of you. I didn't know. Please, forgive me." Mordi pleads at Alex's feet.

"OK, I'll forgive you. But you're gonna have to earn it," Mordi looks scared.
"you are on probation until I say you're not. You are to be nowhere near my mates and if you break your probation I have a special place in Purgatory for you." Mordi nods and shimmers away.

She turns towards us,
"My sexy mates always attracting trouble. Heh," she uncovers us and crawls up towards us. "not that I can blame them. You two are absolutely scrumptious." She kisses up our bodies, Rain and I pull apart enough to fit Alex in between.

"I'm guessing the meeting went sideways, huh?" I peck her cheek.

"On the contrary, it went swimmingly. Everyone left to scout, well other than Mordi. I knew her father, he passed a few years ago. Her mother was human and died giving birth to her so she was raised and trained by her father. He wasn't a bad guy, just a soldier who always did as he was told no questions asked. When he passed I could see it in her eyes her human half mourned the loss of her father but she never showed it, sometimes I feel I'm too soft on her. I let the fact I knew her father and saw her heart break cloud my judgment. She's an assassin. Cut and dry. She tends to push her limits.*sigh*" Alex says sounding exhausted.

"You're too young to be this stressed, baby." Rain says playing with her hair as I hum in agreement.

"I may be young but that doesn't negate my responsibilities as Demon Lord." she sighs.

"Who says you have to start this now? Why can't you let someone else take reins for awhile?" I asked.

"Demon Lords are like kings, they can be any age. I claimed my title now as I fear an up rise might come and destroy what I have already built that keeps everyone safe." She says in distant thought with her eyebrows furrowed. I kiss her temple and feel her relax a little beneath my lips.