The two boys too were moaning as they took their first bite. They were savoring it and make a comment similar to mine to each other. Oh.. goodness, they are too cute!

"Zizi, this is so yummy! Thank you!" Lucas continued eating and moaning for every bite he takes. Gosh, this kid act like he never tasted food as good as this one. 

"Yes, thank you Zizi this is delicious. I love it! I love you!" Derek came down from his seat and run to hug and peck my cheek. That got me stunned in the spot. This kid is so sweet! and hella smooth to put a kiss on an adult cheek. Oh he's growing up too fast! I thought and chuckled to myself. 

"Zizi, thank you for the food!"

"Thank you Zizi. It was so delicious!"

"You are welcome guys and I believe that you have finished your homework?" I looked at the two of them and found them nodding their head and huff the chest proudly. "Good, so as I promised earlier I will pack one cake for you to take home" the two squealed loudly in excitement and run to wrap their small arms to hug me. I hugged them back and kiss their heads before I stood up as I carry them in my arms. 

I made my way to the kids corner and towards the million balls pit. The two boys came to realisation to what I was about to do and began to squeal loudly once again. They both tried to tickle me but the key word here is 'tried', so I kept my pace towards my destination. I began to do my crazy ritual screaming sound before I jump into the pit with the two still in my arms. They too were screaming before I jumped but now we are all laughing loudly in the pit. 

We were having a blast throwing balls at each other, swimming amongst the balls and slides into the pit repeatedly. "Zizi? is that you there?" asked Avery in what I assumed was a disbelief tone. I awkwardly come out the pit and sorted my outfit before I chuckled in embarrassment from being caught playing with two five-year old boy in my own restaurant.

"Hey, how was the meeting?" I asked trying to act smooth as if I did not just embarrass myself. Avery saw what i was doing and began to laugh out loud at my state. Lucas saw his mom and ran to hug her. I smiled at the two but can't help but found myself shock at the look Derek is showing on his face. 

Derek is looking solemn, hollow, longing and is that emptiness? how could a child at his age have that sort of expression on his face or even know the sort of emotion that he's showing on his face right now?

As if he can feel a stare on him he looks toward me and startled from the serious look I have on my face. He turned his small body around and run back to the slide as if to hide his whole body from me. I sighed exasperatedly because he was indeed hiding himself since he hasn't slide down from the slide. 

I told Avery that I will be in the kitchen to pack the kids their sweet for the promise I made with them earlier. I also told her that Derek's, Lucas's new bestfriend, uncle will be coming to get him. I smirked at her shock expression that turned to a panic one after one minute of her sinking in the words that I told her just now. I patted her back still with a smirk on my face before I walked into the kitchen. 

I left the lava cakes for Derek and Lucas to take home in the kitchen's hot counter. As soon the clock hit 6.50 p.m I walked out with one of the lava cake for Derek to take home. I more like sneaked out of the kitchen carefully so I can witness Avery and Derek's uncle second encounter. I want to see how he looks like and how the two talk to each other now that Avery has, hopefully, made up her mind to try and get to know him. 

I look around for Avery and found her talking to a good looking guy

I look around for Avery and found her talking to a good looking guy. He's probably around 6ft tall. He seems fit but not too muscular and has dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes. Wow, they look perfect together as they stand next to each other. They were so immerse in their own world that they didn't notice little Derek with his backpack on his back standing next to his uncle. 

Once again Derek seem to feel my stare at him since he look around and found me staring at him. This time I smile at him and gesture him to come to me. I lifted the box of lava cake for him to take home so he knows why I'm calling for him. 

Derek came running to me with a wide smile on his face and I did the same. 

"Here is for you as I promise teddy bear. I hope to see you again soon" I kissed him on his forehead and hugged him with a squeeze before I let go.

"Thank you Zizi" he wrapped his arms to my neck and squeeze it as much as he can. Before he let go of my neck I wrapped my arms around him to hug and whisper "Oh my teddy bear I really do hope to see you again, if not for Lucas you can come to visit me here". 

I felt him nodding his head and I nodded along too. I let go of the hug and soon he followed. I gestured for him to do a pinky promise and he replied "I will definitely come to visit you here since I can see Lucas at kindy" he grinned widely and I nodded at him in reply.

I patted his head and kissed him in his forehead before I told him to go to his uncle. He turned around and walked a couple steps before he stopped. I was confused to why he stopped but he turned around and peck me on both sides of my cheek before he walked back towards his uncle who is still talking with Avery.

This time Derek tugged on his uncle's pants and finally had his attention towards him. He started to pull his uncle pants towards the door as if telling him to 'stop talking and let's leave'. The two adults finally bid their goodbye after what seems like they've exchanged their numbers. I smirked at Avery and wiggled my eyebrows when she saw me. Her cheek is now tinted with a light pink shade, blushing from my tease. 

"Oh... somebody just got lucky?" I wiggle my brows again still teasing her. She pouted her lips and puffing her cheeks like a little kid before she playfully hit me in the arm. But, damn it still hurts!

"Shut up! leave me alone" she darted to her office as I began to laugh.

I really do hope things is now going for the better for her and little Lucas.