||Chapter 11||

(y/n)'s Pov

The months passed by really quickly and you and Legolas were now 8 months in the quest if you could call it that.

"Legolas, wake up we're supposed to tidy up today!" you ran around the kitchen, getting breakfast ready.

Pancakes and berries, Legolas' favorite, you made sure to make some extra batches cause you knew he'd want more.

With the table all set up you marched your way to Legolas' room, you knocked on the doors firmly, crossing your arms, "If you don't wake up I'll eat all of the pancakes myself."

You heard a faint 'thud' and a yawn come from the other side of the room, and with a satisfied smile you made your way over to the kitchen to eat.

The faint sound of footsteps could be heard behind you, but you paid it no mind already knowing who it was.

Legolas approached you from behind with a groggy smile, leaning down to kiss your forehead, "Goodmorning muin nin(my dear), thank you for making breakfast."

You smiled sweetly and placed his plate in front of him, "'my dear'? Well that's a new one, what has gotten into you lately mellon?"

You rose your eyebrow at him, he merely gave you a cheeky smile and proceeded to eat his pancakes.

You huffed at this and finished your plate, placing them in the sink you turned to Legolas with an affectionate smile, "I'll go tidy up the cabin, do you mind washing the clothes today?"

He shook his head and stood up, placing his dishes on the sink and turning to you with a grin, "Not at all, but first these dishes need my attention."

You beamed at him and turned to start at the lounging area, rearranging some books, putting away Legolas' arrows and what not, soon it was noon.

Then a knock was heard, soft and firm as a fist hit the hard wooden doors, then it was followed by a more softer one.

Curious, you made your way to the door. "Who's at the door?" You heard Legolas ask from the kitchen, the knocks became more frantic and ypu sighed in defeat, "alright! I'm opening the door, hold on."

You unlatched the lock and opened the door, to your surprise a woman was there, her red hair shone in the morning sun and green eyes bore into yours, "Hello, how may I help you?" you asked softly, your smooth voice cutting the tension.

A little girl peaked out behind the woman and pointed up at you, "Momma she's pretty." You blinked in surprise, "Thank you tithen pen(little one)"

The woman smiled at this, "I am Tau-" "Tauriel?" you heard Legolas ask in disbelief, he pushed you away ever so gently and stared at her for what seemed like the longest time.

You looked at the both of them confused for a second. Then it all clicked, this could be the reason why Legolas did't want to be wed to you, she could have been his one.

You cleared your throat, "Please come in." Legolas stepped out of the way, still in a daze and you let Tauriel and the child inside, introductions were made.

You were now well seated, a steaming cup of tea infront of you-some hot chocolate for the child, "It's so good to see you again! How have you been? Where have you been?" These questions shot out of Legolas' mouth faster than his arrows.

You placed a hand on his shoulder, "Legolas please, give her a chance to speak." He leans back but still kept that smile on his face as he awaited Tauriel's answer.

"Me and Taliel have been faring well, we reside in the Shire amongst hobbits." She answered, letting Taliel sit on her lap, you observed Taliel, she was shorter than most elf children you knew.

She had Tauriel's hair but not her forest green eyes, she had brown ones, "Is she your sister?" you asked Tauriel politely, she giggled at this, "No, she is my daughter." You could have sworn you heard Legolas choke on his tea.

You just nodded and turned to Legolas with a concerned glance, "Is.. Is the dwarf the father?" He asked in barely a sad whisper, Tauriel though nodded happily, "Yes, right before the battle we.. Met up."

He forced a smile on his face, taking her hands in his, "I am truly happy for you mellon, and for your daughter." She beamed up at him, you just sat there, blankly sipping your tea.

By now, Taliel was half asleep on her mother's lap and you smiled at the adorable girl, you were glad such innocence still existed in these dark lands.

Tauriel stood up, "Well, I best head out. I only wanted to tell you how I have been, I heard from the king you were looking for me." Legolas bashfully looked away.

"If all goes well I will see you back at the palace, as the king's advisor. To you as well (y/n)." You smiled and nodded, "I look forward to getting to know you Tauriel."

They both left on a brown horse, you see Taliel, awake and waving at you.

It was truly an eventful day.

~•~

Vote and comment!