"I actually am though." He opens his wallet and pulls out his debit card.

"Liam, no, okay? You already bought me a car battery-"

"Because I love you," he pouts.

"You don't have to spend money to show me you love me," I say softly.

"I know that, but I want to spoil you," he pouts. "Please? Let me buy it."

"Liam," I start.

"Please?" he gives me a gentle smile and I can see how much he wants to.

I fold my arms across my chest and just look at him.

"Please?" he asks again.

"If you let me pay you back for the car battery, then fine, you can buy it."

He locks my phone screen and reaches up to set it on the windowsill above my bed. His eyes never leave mine, and suddenly he grabs my hips and yanks me on top of him.

"You know, when we're married we're going to be spending each others money all the time and it won't matter. You know a car battery is bad? One day, I'm going to put up a down payment for a car. I'm going to help you pay hospital bills for when you have our children. We're going to pay for your books together. We might as well start somewhere."

His voice is low and soft and warm and it makes my body start giving me those weird feelings I had when we were kissing last night.

Which speaking of kissing, we haven't kissed again since.

His arms are wrapping around me, pinning me to his chest.

I start to squirm, but his grip tightens.

Frustrated, I groan quietly and drop my head onto his chest.

"Just let me buy the books," he says. "Please?"

I lift up my head to look at him and he's just so cute, I can't help but tell him yes.

"Fine," I groan. "Let me go, you big oaf."

He releases his hold on me and I stand up, picking his t-shirt off the floor and tossing it into the hamper.

I could yell at him to pick up his clothes, but I honestly don't care.

It's kind of nice that he does that. He's comfortable enough with me to be messy.

I stand next to the bed while he types in his debit card information, and a moment later, he hands me my phone.

The cover of the book is on my screen.

"So when does it come in the mail?" I ask.

"The book?" he raises his eyebrows. "It doesn't. You read it on your phone."

"On my phone?" I repeat. "Why?"

"Sweetheart, you have like, every book ever made on that thing. You don't have to go to fourteen different book stores looking for a book. You can just get it online."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. I know you prefer paper, but with your phone you have it all, too," he shrugs.

I lock my screen and sit back down on the bed. He's still laying there, and I find myself reaching out to brush his hair off his forehead.

"Thank you, buddy," I say softly. "For my books."

"You're very welcome," he smiles at me.

In my twelve years of knowing Liam, I never once called him anything but Liam, except for way back when he went by William.