Chapter Eleven

I sit beside Liam in his truck, scrolling through Instagram while he drives down the interstate.

Sofie and Mason are in the back seats doing whatever, and Mason and Liam are insisting on surprising us.

I know it's because we just finished our first semester of college. Finals are done, and tomorrow, the four of us are getting on airplanes to go back to where we came from for Christmas.

I'm not looking forward to going back to Hawaii. My parents won't let me do what I want, and I'm nineteen. I pay for my own stuff, but I know they're going to freak out if I leave the house.

Additionally, we're leaving our cars here since it's almost a thousand dollars to ship them somewhere every time, which means it's two thousand for a round trip.

My parents said they're only going to pay for my car to come there and back one time. Here my freshmen year, and back my senior year.

I don't even know if I'm going back after senior year.

Liam won't want to, and I'm not leaving him.

Besides, I love Oregon. It's beautiful.

We've only been together for a week, but we haven't like...kissed or anything. He usually will kiss my cheek, but I think he understands I'm not all for rushing it, and to be honest, I don't think he is, either.

But right now? Things are really good. He's my best friend, and he's my boyfriend.

He's everything.

And on top of that, he got me to watch a show called Grey's Anatomy and it's all about hospital stuff and it's so exciting. I love when he comes over and lays with me while I watch it. He's so warm and cuddly, and he smells like old spice.

And he's such a good hugger. I could cling to him for hours.

And I just know that we're not going back to Hawaii. Vacations? Yeah, probably, but to live? No.

No, he doesn't want to, and neither do I. My memories there aren't that great.

I want to start over.

The idea of children terrifies me, especially since I know how badly he wants them.

We're going to have to talk about that.

Someday, not now. It's way too soon to have a discussion like that.

But I could.

Because the thought of making a family with him? With having a little boy with blue eyes and blonde hair that looks like his Daddy? I want that.

But I don't want to lose them. I don't want them to face any troubles.

I'm afraid to lose them, but from everything people told me, that's how it always is.

You're supposed to be afraid.

I look out the window.

Does Liam want to stay here? Does he want to buy a big house here and get the golden retriever here?

I sigh, resting my head against the window.

I wish we've been together for years. I'm ready now. I want all of it now.

And we haven't even had our first kiss yet.

My phone starts ringing and I look down at the screen.

My Mom.

I run my fingers through my hair to prepare myself and press answer.

"Hey Mom." I say.

"Hey sweetheart, are you all packed?"