Prologue

I hope you guys don't mind that this Prologue hops around all over the place, I didn't know any other way to do it. Please forgive me if it gets on your nerves! I just wanted to get one question answers; What happened to Sam and Carly?  

Sam's and Carly's Apartment, Washington DC
3 Months after the Chicago Battle

2012

Matsuri was nestled between Sam and Carly as they watched some stupid reality TV show out of boredom. Optimus was the one to suggest her hanging out with them since Ratchet was still fixing him and the Autobots. With how tired Matsuri had been, even after some months, since the battle, she didn't argue. She just pecked her mate and went off to the apartment. Sam and Carly were quick to usher over to the couch and settle on either side of her wordlessly.

She had her head on Sam's shoulder and she felt Carly's hand holding her own. She absolutely loved times like this with her brother and Carly, it was one of the times she felt like she was fully human. Not that there was anything wrong with being a techno-organic of course, she just needed to be reminded about her human half at times.

***

Sam's and Carly's Apartment, Washington DC
3 Months and 4 days after the Chicago Battle
2012

Matsuri was sleeping on the couch when her phone buzzed on the coffee table beside her, waking her up. She blinked her eyes and rubbed them before turning on her side, reaching over and grabbed her phone. She hit the button on the side, letting the screen light up dimly. On the lock screen was her and Sam, arms thrown over each other's shoulders.

She unlocked it and the screen changed to that of a group shot of her and the Autobots, before they had found Sentinel. They were all crowded in a line and her eyes went to Ratchet, who was leaning against Ironhide. Then, her eyes found herself, who was sitting on top of Optimus' shoulder, grinning slightly.

She shook her head and went to her Messages and, to her surprise, it was from Optimus.

Boss-Bot: It might be best for you to stay at Sam's apartment.
Matsuri: May I ask why?
Boss-Bot: We are talking to the world leaders. They are having their doubts about the alliance.

"Of course, they do." Matsuri muttered.

Matsuri: Good luck with them. Keep me posted.
Boss-Bot: I shall. I'll let you go back to sleep.
Matsuri: How... nevermind. Good Luck. Love you.
Boss-Bot: I love you as well. Sleep well.

***

Sam's and Carly's Apartment, Washington DC
4 Months since the Chicago Battle
2012

Matsuri just stared at the screen of her cell phone dumbly before she felt her anger began to rise at the words.

Boss-Bot: Our Alliance have been suspended. I am not sure what will happen now.

"Hey Mats, what's wrong?" asked Sam as he walked over. She said nothing and just showed him the screen.

"What the hell?!" Sam stared at the words. "They fought for us! Optimus lost his friggin' arm for us!"