Happy 18th pt.2

As soon as I step out of the car I can hear the loud music from The Club de la nuit. It's one of the most popular clubs in L.A.
"Rodger would kill me if he knew I let you come here." Shane says.
"He probably doesn't even know it's my birthday." I see him glance at me, pity in his eyes.
"Brianna don't say th-"
"Let's party!" I grab Natalie's hand and we run into the club.

If I thought the music was loud outside, it's deafening in here. I can feel the bass thumping in my heart, but it's exciting.
"Drinks ladies?" The bartender asks us.
"I'll have a Mojito please ." Natalie says. He looks at me.
"I'll have a martini please." We're served our drinks with no issues. Thankfully we look older than we are, so we didn't need to use our fake
ID's.

Natalie and I make our way over to the private VIP section she reserved, and settle ourselves between the guys.
"A martini Brianna? Come on. You're eighteen, you should be drinking something fruity and weak. Not a freakin martini." Shane walks up beside me. I roll my eyes, and take a big gulp. It stings, but I try not to let it show.
"You're not my father, so excuse me, I'm going to dance."

I brush through the crowd, looking for a hot guy to dance with. I scan the crowd.... and bingo. Wild sandy blonde hair, and blue eyes. Not exactly my type, but he's very attractive.
"Hey, want to dance?" He smiles.
"Sure. What's your name?"
"Brianna Carter." He raises an eyebrow.
"Rodger Carter's daughter?"
"Yes. And who, may I ask, are you?"
"Tyler Bane. A nobody." I glance over his outfit, and the Rolex on his wrist.

"You don't look like a nobody

"You don't look like a nobody." He laughs, a light friendly sound.
"I swear, I am. Now let's go dance." He holds out his hand, leading me to an open space on the dance floor. A Beyoncé song comes on, and I start to sway my hips. Tyler and I dance together. He turns me around, like he's about to kiss me, when suddenly he's shoved away.
"Keep your hands off of her." Yay, it's Shane. My 'knight in shining armour.'
"Sorry, I didn't know she was taken."
"I'm not." I spit, glaring at Shane.
"Well she's not interested so screw off." I laugh.
"I am interested in him, for your information, and you don't control me Shane." I poke Shane in the chest. "So leave me alone, and let me live my life." I storm away, not stopping until I realize that I've left the club, and am wandering on a quiet street. Alone. 'It's fine' I think to myself, 'you know self defence, you'll be okay if anything happens.' I keep walking in hope that I'll find a place to ask for directions, or possibly call a cab.

"Hey miss, you look lost, need some help?" My stupid and semi-drunk self doesn't think twice before walking over to the man.
"Sure, I'm looking for um, a club? My friends are there, you see it's my birthday." I giggle.
"Ah, I see. I can definitely help you then." And suddenly everything goes black.

So sorry for the short chapter, but this one is kind of a filler for the next one. 🤗