6- Peter's absence

7th November 2016

Hey.
Okay so, was re-reading the last few things I wrote in this book, and I realized that I skipped something huge.

Around April-May of this year, Peter didn't go to school for a week. I really don't know why, but he didn't.
I've been thinking about what happened to him around those dates and made some hypothesis.

~First Hypothesis~

Ok, so, this has to do with his uncle's death and his Stark internship.
Ben Parker was shot on March 2016.
As Peter and I went together to school since we are very young, I got to meet Ben. I mean, not meet him, but I saw him a bunch of times.
He seemed to be a very kind dude, who supported Peter and helped him.

At that time I didn't like Peter. I thought he was just another loser who spent his life watching Star Wars movies and playing video games (which, actually, it's pretty much like Peter is nowadays). So I wasn't really interested on him.

As I am a very observant person, I knew almost everything about everyone. Well, at least the evident things. One of those were that Peter always takes the bus to get to school.
So, when Ben drove him to school, I immediately knew something was going on.
I shut my book and tried to hear their conversation.

It wasn't really interesting, actually. Just something about "With great power comes great responsibility", nothing important. However, Peter answered kinda rudely to that piece of advice and walked away.
Later on the day, he found out that his uncle was murdered.

I think Peter regretted being so harsh at him, mostly because those were the last words he told his uncle. But, when I looked at him, I could see that he also felt sad about another thing. Another thing I didn't know about.

You'll probably be thinking: what the fuck does this have to do with his absence on April-May?
Well, I think that the "With great power..." phrase made a huge impact in Peter's life.
For example when he started interning at the Stark Industries. I don't know why Tony Stark decided to choose Peter, but I'm pretty sure that the loser knew that the internship made him kind of powerful. Well, maybe not powerful, but he knew that someday it would turn in an actual job. So he tried to be responsible and don't miss any of the lessons, even if that meant missing school.

To sum up, I think Peter missed school because he was interning at the Stark Industries.

~Second Hypothesis~

This one has to do with Spider-man.
This superhero started helping New York around February-March 2016, right before Ben's death.
Firstly, he had a homemade suit: a hoodie, some sweatpants, a mask, strange goggles and a pair of webshooters. But, right after Peter returned from his recess, Spider-man got an extremely sophisticated suit, with the most advanced technology. This suit was made by the one and only, Tony Stark.

So, you gotta be stupid or very unobservant to not notice this. I MEAN, THIS IS OBVIOUSLY CONNECTED! PETER WAS ABSENT BECAUSE HE WAS HELPING TONY STARK TO DESIGN SPIDER-MAN'S NEW SUIT!
Apparently, this new superhero was recluted by Stark, and he started creating another suit for him. Idk why he would need Peter to help him, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason of his absence.

~Third Hypothesis~

This one is a mixture of the last two hypothesis and I think that it is the least probable.
This theory says that Peter is Spider-man.
I know, I know, it's really stupid, but maybe, just maybe, it's true.

Ok so we're going back to February-March 2016, when Spider-man started helping NYC.
Right before that date, Peter was a skinny dude, way shorter than nowadays and wore glasses. But BOOM, all of a sudden he turned buff, taller and didn't wear glasses at all when February arrived. I don't really know how that happened, but it might be connected.

When uncle Ben died, Peter always had a sad look, he always tried to avoid socializing with other people rather than Ned and his expression was always filled with regret.
That regretful look might be because his last words at Ben were very rude (like the first theory) or because he, being Spider-man, couldn't do anything to save his uncle.

On the other hand, when he missed school, Spider-man never showed up. As soon as Peter dissappeared, so did the superhero.
I guess that the reason is that he was with Tony Stark to create his new suit and join the Avengers, but I don't have enough clues to be sure about that.

I still think that the second hypothesis is the most realistic one and the one that has more sense, but the more I write about him being Spider-man, the more I think it might be true.

Ok so that's all for now, I'll keep an eye on him if something else happens.
Write u later,

~Michelle

A/N: Here's another update! I thought that it was important that MJ gives her point of view about his absence during Civil War, so I made this!
Hope u like it and if so please vote and follow!
(Btw, I'm working on a new chapter on my other oneshot book, if u like spideychelle and are interested in those kind of things, please check it out!)
Thank u and have a great day!
902 words ❤