4| Coincidence

Mulai dari awal

"Nah, not really", he said, but I could kinda tell he was from the way he was lightly pulling up his shoulders to warm himself up.

I held the jacket closer to my body to make sure it didn't fall off and to keep myself warm. I managed to mutter a small 'thank you', trying not to get his attention too much to hide my embarrassment.

After walking for a while we decided to return back home. After we said our goodbyes I walked to the door, I looked behind me and saw that he was waiting for me to go inside. I was trying to keep myself from smiling so that he wouldn't think weird of me.

After rummaging through my bag I realised I had left my keys inside, so I knocked on the door but no one opened. I knocked again, but again nothing.

"What do I do?" I said silently as I knocked again on the door but was greeted with silence yet again.

"Something wrong?" I turned around and saw that Chan had opened the car door and stood there looking at me.

"No one is opening the door and I forgot my keys inside", I said.

He walked to the door himself and knocked on it, harder than me. "Are your parents home?"

"I don't think so. The car isn't here so I assume they are still gone", I said as he nodded.

He knocked again. "Felix!"

I took out my phone and called Felix but he didn't pick up.

"He isn't picking up", I said.

"Now what?"

"Wait, I'll call my parents", I said as I delayed my mom's number because I knew that dad wouldn't pick up.

"Hello dear, is there something wrong?"

"Mom. I'm in front of the door but no one is home right now, where are you guys?"

"Oh, we? We will be home late, your dad had a party at the company and we'll have to stay till the end. Look under the doormat there should be a spare key and if it isn't there I'd say you spend the night at Tiffany's, no?"

"Okey, thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

And I hung up the phone. "Okey, they were no help. Step aside for a second."

He did as I told and I bend down to look under the doormat but as I expected, nothing. I one time took it from it's place and left it in my room to never return it back to its place.

"Let's hope Tiffany picks up because she is my only hope at the moment."

But as I expected, no answer yet again. Something was off but I couldn't quite come up with what it would be. Nor Felix nor Tiffany would be sleeping at this hour, both of them were late sleepers.

"Do you have a place where you can stay at? Like your family or some", Chan asked.

"I wish. My aunt is out of town to plan all of the wedding things and my grandparents went with them. And no other family member lives here", I said starting to get really frustrated. "I don't get it though. Felix and Tiffany are never asleep at this hour, both of them stay up super late."

"Coincidence, maybe both of them went to bed early today", Chan said while shrugging.

"What do I do now? I can't make you wait with me till my parents come, you go home I'll just wait till they are home", I said.

"You're crazy, I'm not going to leave you here alone in the cold while it's dark. You're coming to my place then", he said already turning around to walk to the car.