Beautiful Stranger (nsfw)

Summary- Being the president's daughter, you're usually dragged to events by your mother. You hoped you wouldn't run into the Shepherds but of course, luck wasn't on your side. 

Warnings- smut, hate-sex, semi-public sex, degrading words/terms

Words- 1812

Claire hums lowly next to you, her fingers busy writing out an email. No words were spoken to you, your mother always preferred the silence while she was 'working'. She was dragging you to yet another charity ball against your will since you just had to accompany her after your fathers sudden passing.

The flashing blue and red lights emitted from the police cruisers cast a warm glow throughout the car, painting the black interior as the car pulled up to the venue, the sirens unexpectedly stopping.

You never really wanted to go to events, but ever since the unexpected return of Annette Shepherd, her narcissistic and utterly sexist brother, and her devil spawn of a son, you really didn't want to show up. Not to mention the circulating theories of Claire killing Francis.

The cool December air was unforgiving on your bare skin as you stepped out of the large car. The President's security detail helped you from the car, his warm hand sending goosebumps down your neck. The quiet click of Claire's Louboutins grew closer before her hand grabbed ahold of your arm.

Hand in hand, you two walked into the impressive building, power pouring off of you two. Claire's infamous fake smile made its debut as she scanned the room. "Don't say anything if you see that witch, Annette. Or her offensive, joke of a man, brother." Her smile stayed glued onto her face as she mumbled to you.

"I wouldn't dream of it, mother." Your voice was monotone. The perfect mix of, I really don't want to be here, I fucking hate my life, and is it too late to run away to Mexico and change my last name, coating your voice. Claire handed out a few waves and nods to passerby's, you do the same to the few people you recognized.

"Don't act out tonight, Y/N. I fully expect the Shepherd boy to be here and I don't need any more bad press with you two-" Her sentence quickly melted into a greeting towards Mark. "Mark, I wasn't expecting you here tonight." She kissed him on the cheek, her voice friendly and lifted. Only something she did for strangers.

"I was expecting to find you somewhere around here. I wasn't expecting to see you, Y/N. You look wonderful."

"Oh, Mark, you're too sweet." You smiled clearing your throat. "I'm going to try and find Seth." You detached Claire's bony grip from your arm before excusing yourself. You couldn't stand Seth, his overachieving personality too much for you sometimes. But, he was the only one of your White House connections that you could actually speak to, and it helped how he was only a year or two older than you.

"Remember what I told you, baby." Claire winked before allowing Mark to lead her onto the floor.

You wandered the ballroom like a stray puppy, dodging the rare familiar face. You could see your mother and Mark slow dancing on the floor, a gleeful smile upon her lips. Mark was one of the few people that you were fond of. After Francis died, he carefully scooped up the broken pieces and put them back together slowly, making sure you were loved and protected the entire time. He was like your second father.

"Y/N! Just the person I wanted to see!" You rolled your eyes at the all-too-familiar voice that seemed to carry for miles. Seth jogged to catch up with you, his breath quick.

"Hey, Seth." You exhaled, pulling him in for a hug. The fabric of his basic suit still cold from the outside air.

"Listen, I can't stay long. Duncan is here tonight and Annette wants me to keep an eye on him." He looked over his shoulders as if he was afraid of being caught. "Sh, there he is." He turned your head in a direction forcefully, pulling a few strands of your hair from its neatly presented updo. You slapped his grubby hands from your hair and looked in the direction he was pointing to.