14. Jealously Yours

Start from the beginning

"Bye." Kayla said. "Thank you Danie."

"Bye to you two." I said as I closed the door behind us.

I looked at the time and realized it was only quarter past three and I was getting really bored. I decided to go to the mall.

I need more materials for the dress and yarns for the sweaters. I also needed to buy sketchbooks, color pencils, pencils and other stuffs.

I pulled a jacket, wore it over my sweatshirt and grabbed a bag. When I opened the door, I saw Aaron walking with some girl and they were talking and laughing.

Looks like he has got another girlfriend.

I slammed the door shut and marched past him. He didn't greet me and I didn't too. I walked inside Matty's Secret and bought a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte, which was the special today.

I called Damien when I reached my car.

"I am going to the mall. Do you want to come?" I asked as I took a sip of my latte and if Matthew was single and straight, I would have married him just for this latte.

"I am dying here, too." He said and I heard someone in the background saying something to him.

"Wait for me. I will be there in ten." He said to me and hung up.

I waited in my car, thinking about Aaron and the girl. She looked really smart and nice, too. Pretty, too. In a conventional way.

I finished my coffee and crumbled the cup with a frown and hurled it away. Shit, I muttered as I opened the car and walked towards the coffee cup and picked it from the ground and then threw it in the trash can.

"What are you doing in the trash can?" Damien asked with a chuckle and I jumped back.

"Looking for your brain." I smiled and he chuckled. He parked his motorcycle, which was nothing but a deadly metal contraception, and got inside my car.

"So what are we doing?"

"I need some stuffs."

"Are you going home for Thanksgiving?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I have something to do and we are not big on Thanksgivings." I lied.

"Really?" He looked suspicious, but he decided to give it up. I was thankful for that.

I didn't talk much about my family, not even with Sean and Millie.

"So what are you getting?" He asked as we stopped in the mall. I walked to a shop where they sold fabrics in every color imaginable and grabbed the colors and fabrics I wanted.

"I am making a dress for Millie. It will be ready by Prom. Maybe." I shrugged.

"Are you making your own dress for the Christmas ball?"

"No." I shrugged.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I don't wear dresses." I said with a shrug. "10 yards in the aquamarine one. 5 in the pink chiffon. 10 in the red satin." She nodded.

"Why not?" Damien asked again. "You will look amazing in them."

"I don't know. I have never tried."

"Please, please, please..." He pestered me and the shop lady gave me a smile.

"Your boyfriend wants to see you in a dress..." She chuckled good-natured and I turned red.

"He is not my boyfriend." I said.

"I am trying to get her there." Damien said with a wink.

"Girl, do you have eyes?" She laughed and I chuckled.