4

The next day shit hit the fan. It was a blood bath. When Frank cut the power, immediately people reached for their guns. Alex slipped into the first office. Stabbing one officer, and breaking the neck of the other she killed the first boss of Anvil.

Frank actually brought the firefight. The man like gun fights too much. Alex wasn't a fan of them. She relied on her target being at arms length.

She went up the stairs of the fire escape to find the other boss. Russo was Frank's call. With her gun ready, she started kicking down doors. Finally kicking down one of the target's door, she found it empty.

"Hands up!" A man yelled at her. "Don't even make a move, I'll pull this trigger so fast you won't live long enough to know what happened."

Sometimes it was better to play dead. Get them to let their guard down a bit made the fight easier and quicker. Alex dropped her gun and put her hands up.

"What do you want?" She asked him.

"I want you to get me out."

"Can I have my gun back?"

"Absolutely not."

"Fine then we'll both die down there."

"Go." The man yelled pushing Alex foreword. Alex had had enough. She quickly turned grabbing the gun from the target and shot him in the chest. Two bullets, and one dead body.

Heading back down to the main fight, she tried to find Frank. The office was dark, and she wasn't sure who was friend or who was foe. She figured if they tried to shoot at her, they weren't a friend.

Kneeling behind a desk, Frank located Alex. She was on the far side of the room. He didn't want to kill any more of these Vets. Most were probably just looking for a job that gave them a purpose. Shooting a round above the desks as a cover for Alex, she ran towards him.

"Wow, you look awful." She mentioned sitting besides him. "Let's go."

She took the lead while he had her back. Their exist strategy worked perfectly and in a couple minutes they were driving away in her car.

"Where are you hit?"

"I didn't shoot Russo."

"That wasn't my question." Alex stated speeding down the highway. Frank's face was all bloody but she wasn't sure it was his. She noticed his arm was soaked with blood, probably a bullet wound. His leg was also a mess, and with his adrenaline crashing, it was going to be harder to move him.

"I'm fine." Frank grunted

"Yeah, my car seat isn't going to agree. And look it doesn't matter that you didn't kill Russo. The hit list won't come out. Russo will be too scared to call you out now."

Alex drove Frank back to the basement where he and David were hiding in.

"Hey! David! A little help here!" She called helping Frank out of the car. David came over and helped her drag Frank onto his bed.

"I can't believe you guys sleep on these." She muttered getting Frank's shirt off. David went off to get the first aid kit. Frank's torso was bruised, but not bloody. He was still conscious as Alex handed him a bottle of whiskey.

Frank sat up and grabbed the first aid kit. "Sit your ass down." Alex ordered him. He looked at her for a second almost pondering on whether or not to challenge her. He finally laid down.

"Do you know what you're doing here?" Alex asked David looking at Frank's torn up body. His wounds needed stitching, and cleaning.

"Uh, yeah." David said hesitantly.