"Logan!  I am fine!  Besides, we have our own little cottage.  If I get tired or sick, I'll go rest.  Really, I am looking forward to this!  I have been lounging around doing nothing for too long.  I need to get out!"  Rory insisted.

Logan looked at her skeptically.  He sighed and said, "Alright, but you'll tell me if you want to rest?  I'll go back with you to the cottage."

Rory kissed him and said, "Yes, I will tell you.  But I am really looking forward to this.  It will be fun."

Still looking slightly unsure, Logan grabbed all the bags and carried them to the front door.  As he put them down, he heard a car pulling in the driveway.  He opened the door and waved to Finn and Rosemary. 

Finn came charging up the driveway with a rolled up poster of some sort.  He stormed past Logan and marched directly into the house.  "Where is that difficult, stubborn woman?"  he demanded.

"Me?"  Rory asked wondering what was up with Finn this time.

"No, not you. The one that spawned you," Finn said.

Walking into the room, Lorelai offered Finn a huge smile and said, "Oh, you must mean me."

"Yes, you,"  Finn said grabbing Lorelai's hand and pulling her towards the couch.  He gave Lorelai a slight nudge to sit as he swept his arm across the table to clear it.

"Well, that was dramatic and unnecessary. You just knocked my monkey ashtray on the floor.  I hope you plan on cleaning all that up," Lorelai said.

Logan, Rory, and Rosemary followed them into the room and watched the scene.  "What's going on?" Rory whispered to Rosemary.

Rosemary whispered back, "Finn has been obsessing about the baby pool.  He has made an official chart and is insisting on pleading his case to Lorelai."

"Oh boy," Logan said going to sit in an armchair closer to the action. 

"Now, Lorelai," Finn began as he unrolled his poster and began to spread it on the coffee table, "I know you want to be involved in this baby pool.  I understand the desire.  But I have more experience in this.  I have come to show you my planning and preparation and to offer you a prominent role in this."

"I have a prominent role.  I am running it!"  Lorelai said hopping up and dashing into the kitchen.  She returned a moment later with an old cigar box.  She held it for Finn to see.  She said, "Look!  I have all my notes and bets in this box.  A cigar box.  Get it?  When babies were born, men used to stand around smoking cigars.  Cute, huh?"

"It's darling, love.  But what are all the bits of paper inside?" Finn asked.

"These are everyone's bets," Lorelai explained.  She pulled out one and read it, "Babette has girl, 8 pounds, 7 ounces." 

"Yes, love, that is very nice.  But if you will just have a look at the chart I made here..." Finn gestured to the table.  His chart was actually a huge calendar, with dates three weeks before Rory's due date to two weeks after.  On every block of the calendar was a name of the person placing the bed in the date they selected, the guessed sex of the baby, and estimated weight weight of the baby.  "You see, everyone chooses a date first, then the sex, then the weight.  As you can see, several people can pick the same date, but have different guesses as to sex and weight. It makes the betting a little more intense and offers many more options for people.  And, while your cigar box is wonderful, this is slightly more organized than your system."

Lorelai huffed, but looked at the chart.  Rory leaned over as well.  "Holy crap, Finn!  Who are all these people?  'DJ' bet it will be a girl and 7 pounds even.  Who is DJ?  A record spinner at one of your clubs?"

"Oh no, DJ is an avid reader actually.  She is a dear friend of mine, lovely woman, fantastic sense of humor, and very insightful," Finn explained.  "I've told her your story from the beginning.  She deserved to have a little part in it."

"I see," Rory said shaking her head at all the people Finn somehow got to bet on her baby.

"Ok, ok, so maybe your system is a little more organized than mine.  But I have all these bets!  I can't just ignore all the people that want in on this!"  Lorelai said.

"I am suggesting we add your bets to this chart, love. We will leave no one out,"  Finn said.  "We can keep the cash bets in the cigar box," Finn added hoping Lorelai would be pleased to still use the box.

"Hmmm, it might work.  But I didn't get dates.  I only got sex and weight," Lorelai said. 

"We won't be back until tomorrow.  If you could get the guesses, we could add them all tomorrow when we return," Finn suggested.

"I'll see what I can do," Lorelai said.

Pleased, Finn rolled up his chart and said, "As soon as all bets are placed, I will make a copy and send you the official chart, co-bookie."  At Lorelai's smile, Finn offered his hand.  They shook hands briefly before Finn pulled her in for a hug.

"I am so glad that is resolved!  It is all he has talked about!" Rosemary sighed with relief. Shaking her head she continued, "He is a grown man and has been totally consumed with a baby pool!"

"It's sweet.  I am pretty surprised Mom gave in.  She isn't very organized though,"  Rory said.

"Alright, now that this important matter is settled, can we get on the road?  I was hoping we could get in and settled so Rory could rest before the wedding," Logan said impatient.

"Relax, Mother Hen.  The chickie will be just fine.  And, if my bet is correct, she will have a perfectly healthy seven and a half pound boy on August 26th!"  Finn said.

A short while later, the foursome arrived at Winvain Farm.  Although it was winter and the farm was renown for it's landscaping, it was still stunning without the lush foliage.  Instead of overflowing flowering gardens, pine trees and evergreens were showcased along with the magnificent buildings.  Rory could see the strings of lights discreetly hidden in the branches and just knew it would look amazing at night all lit up.

Immediately attendants ran out to direct them to their cottages.  Luckily, they were assigned to two cottages next to each other.  They parked the car behind the small buildings and excitedly  rushed to explore.  Rory and Rosemary ran into her and Logan's cottage first.  The front door opened into a small sitting room with a large stone fireplace. The walls were wood, giving a log cabin type feel.  Thick boards of hardwood lined the floor.  There was a leather couch positioned in front of the fireplace under a braided rug. 

A small refrigerator was tucked over in the corner by the sliding door on the side of the room.  The doors opened to an open field.  There was a light coat of snow on the landscape making it look like a postcard. "I'll bet we see deer romping around out there later!" Rory said.

"This is so cute!" Rosemary yelled from the next room. 

Rory went to see what she assumed was the bedroom.  It took her a minute to see what Rosemary had been yelling about.  She saw a large room with a huge bed.  The wooded walls and floors continued in the room, but were offset by deep hunter green curtains and thick rug on the floor.  There was another fireplace against the outside wall. The rustic looking cabin was cozy and beautifully decorated.

"I gotta go check out my cabin!" Rosemary said darting off.

Logan came through the doors with all their bags.  He said, "I talked to the attendant.  He will be bringing over a light snack for you soon.  I think you should rest before the ceremony."

Touched at his concern, Rory didn't argue his wishes.  "That sounds good.  We have a few hours.  Want to build a fire and take a nap with me?" she said wiggling her eyebrows.