Part 19

"Wow, it was really good to see Finn and Colin!  They haven't changed a bit! You don't think Finn went home with that red head, do you?"  Rory asked while the driver Logan had called drove them to Stars Hollow.  They had both been drinking, so Logan thought it was a good idea to call a chauffeur.

Logan laughed.  "I doubt it.  Rosemary has him on a short leash nowadays.  He will talk to and flirt with other women, but he won't screw up what he has with her," he said.

"Yeah, wow!  They finally got together,"  Rory mused.  "I can't believe Colin is a lawyer now.  And Finn is second in command, soon to be first, of his family's hotel business.  Yet they still seem like the same carefree Life and Death guys.  But I guess we have all grown up,"  Rory said.  "And Colin is engaged to Steph?  I wish the girls had come tonight!  I would have loved to have seen them too.  I haven't seen anyone since..." Rory paused.  She hadn't seen any of her college friends, except Paris, since graduation.  After she and Logan parted ways, she felt uncomfortable contacting them.  "Well, I haven't seen anyone in a long time."

"They became your friends too, Rory.  You could have called them.  I know they missed you.  They never talked to me about you, guess they thought it would be too painful.   I never knew if you were still in contact or not,"  Logan said holding her hand.

"No, I didn't feel right about it.  I mean, yeah, they were my friends.  But they were your friends first.  I didn't want to cause problems,"  Rory said.

"Well, I'm sure you will see them all again soon.  Once Colin and Finn tell the girls they saw you, I am sure you will be hearing from them,"  Logan said.  He got quiet for a moment.  He rubbed her wrist with his thumb with their fingers still intertwined.  He looked at their hands thinking. "Tonight, earlier tonight, was unexpected," he said tentatively broaching the subject.

"Yes, it was,"  she answered with a small smile. 

"I didn't plan on that, didn't think we'd end up in bed so soon,"  Logan said.

"I didn't even plan on seeing you tonight.  I thought I was having dinner with my grandparents,"  Rory said laughing.

"I know.  And I know I am kind of sending you mixed messages right now.  I said I wanted to go slow, then I flew out here and we ended up in my childhood bedroom,"  Logan said.

"I understand, Logan.  I wanted you tonight as much as you wanted me,"  Rory said.  She continued, "I also know we still have some work to do on our relationship.  I know everything isn't perfect just because we had sex.  I get that this isn't a fairy tale or movie,"  Logan could see Rory looked a little sad as she said, "But I hope it meant something to you."

Logan turned to face her in the backseat.  He took her chin in his hand and looked into her eyes.  "It meant a lot to me, Ace,"  he said and kissed her gently.

"It meant a lot to me too, Logan,"  Rory said as she snuggled into Logan's side for the remainder of the drive.  She was just beginning to doze off when the car pulled up in front of Lorelai's house. 

"Rory?  We're here,"  Logan said gently shaking her.  She sat up and looked for her shoes.  Logan slipped one back on her foot and ran a hand up her calf.  He looked at her and said, "Mmmm, I wish you could have stayed the night with me."

"You have to get to New York for your date tomorrow.  Well, not really tomorrow now, later today," she teased with just a hint of jealousy in her tone.

Logan caught it.  He tried not to smile.  He liked that she was a little jealous.  He hid his smile and said, "Claudia will only be my date for show.  I do happen to have a real date lined up for Sunday in Las Vegas though."  Then he kissed her deeply again before opening the door of the car.  He got out and offered her a hand getting out.  He held her hand as he walked her to her door.  At the door, he kissed her again.  "I'll see you Sunday night."