Chapter 12

Hotaka had become a lot more friendly towards you after he found out that you were together with Yata. He filled you in on most parts, but said Yata would explain the rest in a more secure place.

You found out how scepter 4 had evacuated the city after numerous attacks by a group that identified themselves as the followers of the colorless king. The reds had become hunted outlaws along with them. The city went into a shut down and most phones and devices didn't work as the scepter 4 had blocked everything.

"I sent a message out for Yata, he'll come for you this evening. If you don't mind, you can help me around the shop until then" Hotaka said. You knew you didn't have to, but you felt thankful for him, so you decided to help him.

"Hello" You said in a cheerful voice, smiling as the doors opened. Just few customers had visited during the day, but somehow in this little shop the hollow city waiting you outside seemed to vanish and everything somehow went back to normal. No one seemed different, no one seemed scared and most importantly no one said a word about what was going on. However once they prepared to step outside they all tensed up, they curled in and took a deep praying breath before stepping outside. Whatever was going on you knew you would learn about it later from Yata.

The lady who stepped in glared at you varily and stopped near the door. She was elegantly beautiful with her long black hair and red lipstick. Looked rich dressed up all classy. Looking at her you felt like a child in comparison with your hoodie and leggings. She looked young, but the way she carried herself, she must've been in her thirties.

"Where's Hotaka?" Her eyes were warm, but her stare was cold as ice. And it followed your every step. You tried to keep the smile up, you understood that at such unstable times people tend to suspect everything and everyone.

"He had to go home to get something, I'm sure he'll come back soon. Do you need his help?" you asked trying to seem as unthreathening as you could. However you felt like this only made the lady to tense even more. "I'll wait for him" the lady said keeping her eyes clued on you. "okay" you smile continuing with your job.

You couldn't help but to wonder why such a woman would still be in this kind of town, let alone in this kind of shop.

Soon enough Hotaka came in. You could see it straight away from his look as he saw the lady, this was no ordinary customer. "Reina, I hoped I would see you here this soon" he said, this all seemed very bad. "Who's the girl?" she asked. Hotaka stepped next to you. "This is (y/n), she's Yatas girlfriend" Hotaka said. "Hi, I'm Reina. I'm glad that you have joined us finally" she sure didn't seem like she was glad.

"Yata has confirmed her?" she then turned to Hotaka. "They haven't seen each other yet" Hotaka said. "oh my" the woman said. You couldn't read her expression at all. "I shall talk to you tonight then, I won't talk until she's been confirmed" Reina said turning around leaving.

"Forgive her, she has her reasons to be vary" Hotaka said. You nodded deciding to not ask more.