Chapter 11

You sat there until night, maybe he would come back. Maybe he was out and he would eventually come back, that had to be it. But the night turned into a morning and there was no sight of him, or anyone else. That was what you thought at least, you started to give up hope.

Then around 9 o'clock a door opened near you. You barely noticed it at first as you were half asleep anyway. "Hey lady" someone said shaking you by the shoulder. Your eyes flinched open.

"Not very safe place to be sleeping. Especially with our current circumstances" an old man said to you. You were so surprised to see anyone at this point, that you weren't able to utter a word.

"If you're looking for Misaki, he's not there" He said pointing at the door behind you. Having heard the name of your lover, your brain got you back to your senses. "You know Yata? Do you know where he is?" you half screamed at the poor grandpa. He himself however didn't seem to be too amused with this, quite opposite even.

"We've been neighbors for years, of course I know the boy. I do understand that this might be little out of line from me, but a pretty girl like you shouldn't be running after a guy like him. The boy isn't exactly a prince charming you know" he explained sighing. "Well I guess I ain't no cinderella either" you shrugged standing up, smirking lightly. If only the man would've known it all.

"I mean he could get you into a serious trouble, also he has awfully rough way of speaking, very loud little thing that boy" the man shook his head, you could still spot light smile on his lips. "I doubt he can get me into more trouble than I've already gotten on my own" you said, not quite sure how much you could tell to this stranger. "Do you know where he is?" you added, still wanting to find your love. "I'm sorry young lady, but I need to hurry to open my store. If you have time however, we can talk more there" the man said and against all better knowledge you decided to follow this stranger.

"Why are you opening, when there are no people" you questioned. You had followed the man who had introduced himself as Hotaka to his store, conveniently only meters away from the apartment complex. You also agreed on helping him with arranging the shelves, it was what you did back home after all.

"There are still people here, many didn't want to evacuate, who knows how long it will take for those fools of scepter 4 to find them. I'm not leaving my home to wait for the rest of my life" Hotaka explained. "Of course it's little inconvenient sometimes and many are too scared to leave their houses unless it's absolutely necessary, but where would I go, this city is all I know" he added sighing. "What? Evacuate?" you asked confused. "Ah, the joking type aren't we" he laughed a little.

"No, I've sort of been out of town, I arrived yesterday" you confessed. "Oh well maybe you should go back to where you came from" he said with bitter voice. "I need to find Yata" you concluded. "He must have crossed you pretty badly then" the man sighed. "Not at all, the opposite actually, he's my boyfriend" you weren't sure if it was wise for you to tell such facts to strangers, but this man had told you much, even though he seemed so suspicious of you.

Hotaka went silent before turning to you wide eyed. "Wait, what did you say now?" He asked and you weren't quite sure if he was about to laugh or cry. "He's my boyfriend" you repeated hesitatingly. The man did indeed break into a howling laughter.

"And I fool thought he must've been lying when he told me" he said in between the laughs. "But there you are in flesh" he says and soon his laughter gets even louder, as if he realized something. "Oh my" he said, incapable to control himself or his laughter at all. "And here I was thinking you were some spy or something, I'm sorry for treating you so poorly" he said as his laughter finally died down. "Of course I'll tell you where Yata is" he added and your heart suddenly filled with hope.