Chapter 10

You crew more and more worried as you made your way thru the familiar streets haunted by unfamiliar silence. How could a city this big, be so so dead so suddenly. This wasn't what it used to be. Even the trees and the wind, the scent and mood, it all seemed different. Like everyone and everything was just waiting for something and suddenly you felt like your every move was against the law. You felt like you shouldn't be walking around so bravely, like you should sneak around and be careful. Still, you decided that you wouldn't bow. This time you wouldn't back down when things get rough.

Flashback 

"(Y/n)! You up!" You heard a voice call from your walkie-talkie. You knew the plan, you knew it very well, as Yata had explained it to you about million times. You moved from where you were hiding and sure enough you were soon sprinting towards the fight scene. You heard a bang, loud one at that, thinking about it later on you were quite sure there was no actual sound. However right then there was and that was what made you stop. Like a prey that's being hunted, the beast in you stopped you on your tracks. 'You will die if you go there' you could heard it whisper in your head. 'And so will everyone else, you will kill them, just like you killed your father, just like you killed your sister, they won't stand a chance'  and on their own your legs moved. You ran away, you left them on their own and you felt as if you had done them a favor.

But you hadn't, you only realized it later. Few nights after you had arrived to that small mountain village, you had seen a dream, very vivid dream where everyone died regardless and you realized they could be dead. Any of them, maybe all of them. You could've helped them, you should've helped them.

And now even more than before, as you walked these silent streets, you realized you should've stayed. Maybe it all wouldn't be like this, whatever had happened and whoever had done it, the city was silent and cold, was it because Mikoto's flame didn't heat it up anymore or because scepter 4 had fucked up something. 

You arrived to Yata's apartment. You looked up searching for the right window, but you suddenly weren't sure, it could be any one of them. No lights. If Yata wasn't here, what could you do? You walked the stairs to the third floor, hopefully the right one, you were toyed by your memory. You scanned thru the nameplates, finally spotting the familiar kanji's. You moved on it's own and in a flash you were at the door, pounding your fist on it like your life depended on it, maybe it did? If you couldn't find Yata what would you do? Go back and forget? Maybe you could, but most likely you couldn't. No answer, you hit the door once more. You took a deep breath and sat on the floor, trying to calm yourself down. You had no idea what to do. One thing was for sure, you wouldnt give up. You wouldn't run away this time. Maybe.

///

This is where it starts to get super far from the shows original story line.

Also I have nothing against scepter 4,this all just for the story line, just to clear that up.