Seven

Jace

All I could do was watch as she walked away. She's feisty and I like that. It allows this game to be all the more fun.

To tease her.

To make her blush.

To see her fall head over heels.

To then eventually break her heart.

I am heartbreaker, a player, a bad boy. Whatever title you want to give me I'll take. I have never been ashamed of my many titles that people want to label me as, why start now?

This game is a source of entertainment. Something to pass the time I guess you can say. Something to help ease me from what it is all going on. Almost like a breathe of fresh air.  I liked seeing that I was able to get under her skin, make her toss that good girl image out the window and bring out that fiery attitude even if it was just for a moment.

Leah was different. Different from all the other girls around here. She didn't throw herself at me, instead of looking at me with eyes of lust as others would she looked at me with annoyance. Instead of following me like some would, she would walk right passed me and pay no mind.

And I was intrigued to say the least.

"Who is that?" I heard a voice said from behind.

I glanced back to see my two best friends, Ian and Luke. They were holding red plastic cups which I'm sure was filled with alcohol. That's all that was ever at parties like this.

Ian handed me one of the red cups, my eyes still trained on Leah. She captured my attention. I took a sip of the liquid, burning on its way down. Vodka.

"Someone." I said vaguely. Leah was talking with the dark blonde girl from earlier. She was laughing at something the girl said. She toss her curled dark locks over shoulder as if it was in the way.

As if she felt my gaze on her, she looked up to my direction. She arched her brow, curiosity filled her brown eyes.I took another sip of my drink as my eyes pierce into hers. She looked away and focused her attention back to her friend. I could tell she was a bit uneasy from the attention. I liked that I had some type of effect on her. 

"Well, whoever she is, she's hot." Ian spoke his eyes traveling towards her.

I felt a pang of an unknown emotion within me. I brushed it off as fast as it came. She did clean up well. Her outfit complimented her figure. It was simple and suited her well. She wasn't dressed like some who had clothing to cover their intimate parts. 

I cut my gaze away from her, focusing my attention to my friends. As much as she intrigued me, we were strangers. Nothing held us together, except our little deal. 

"What are we doing standing here? Let's have some fun." I said my eyes landing a group of girls who were shooting flirtatious smiles towards us.

"I'm down." Luke said following my lead towards the group and Ian was half way there already. 

Leah is a challenge.

A challenge I'm willing to accept.

****
Leah