Damien

April 3, 2019

Today we interview the author (the_rebellionxx) of "Psychopath"

WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

The Interview

MG: How did you come up with the book?

the_rebellionxx: It was while I was writing my first book ever. During that book, I introduced Damien and he was the mysterious character that had a hard exterior. I automatically fell in love with his character and I was like who doesn't like a tall dark and handsome main lead. It all started from there I guess.

MG: What was the most difficult thing for you to write in the book?

the_rebellionxx: It would have to be Damien's personality. I struggled a lot with the whole closed persona and I wanted it to be perfect. I hate when characters go from two extremes and they aren't well balanced at all. That was something I struggled with especially from him going to cold and hard to loving and caring. I think I nailed it though, I hope I did.

MG: Was there any certain inspiration for the book?

the_rebellionxx: There wasn't really much inspiration other then my cliché love for Damon Salvatore. Even though their characters are pretty different, it's just something about such characters that I fall in love with. Who doesn't?

MG: Do you go back and edit often before publishing anything?

the_rebellionxx: I am so bad at editing. I've learned a lot from my first book which is pretty much a guide to how to not write a book. I do however, re read my chapters and go through them. Fix plot holes and grammar etc which I don't catch on the first go.

MG: Were you surprised to see the reads it has gotten?

the_rebellionxx: I was blown away. I never thought it'd get as many reads as it did. I mean who can foresee that? But it truly was such an amazing experience . I still can't believe it. 

MG: Was there any feedback that really stuck out to you?

the_rebellionxx: Well the thing is, the negative feedback sticks a lot. I don't mean the constructive criticism, I mean the hardcore straight up comments where people criticise every little thing in a not so nice manner. You can cry about it or you can learn from it. I did both and it did help me a lot.

MG: Where is the best place you get your ideas from?

the_rebellionxx: From my thoughts I guess. Does that make sense? Whenever I'm facing writers block or I want to write something else, I close my eyes and just imagine and put together various things to form a story. 

MG: Anything you would like to say to your readers?

the_rebellionxx: I'd like to say so many things but I don't want to bore anyone with my long message. I'll keep it short by saying that I am so so thankful to you all and if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have accomplished what I have. So thank you once again. I love you. Xx

End of Interview

Thank you to the_rebellionxx for the lovely interview. We enjoyed the interview as much as we loved the book.