Just Undercover

September 12, 2018

This week we interview the author ( 94sMixtape ) of "Just Undercover"

This week we interview the author ( 94sMixtape ) of "Just Undercover". WARNING! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

The Interview

MG: How did you come up with the book?

94sMixtape: I've always liked spy novels like Gallagher Girls and the Naturals so I decided to write my own spy novel to see how it would go

MG: Well very good job! Was it hard coming up with the plot? And have you noticed any plot holes that were there you had to go back and fix or ones that you haven't fixed?

94sMixtape: I have a process where I write out small descriptions of the chapter so I can develop a plot but there are definitely a few plot holes in there, it's my first official book after all. I'm still learning and I'm actually planning on going back and rewriting it soon

MG: That's good! I personally am writing my first series. It's called takes fakers and what I do is in each chapter I give it a name so I can base myself around it, I have things here and there but I pretty much go with the flow. What was your favorite scene in the book?

94sMixtape: It sounds interesting! I think I enjoyed some of the scenes with a bit of action in them like the fight between my main character, Charlee and Koslove or some of the chapters with plot twists although I know my readers hate the cliffhangers sometimes

MG: Action scenes are so fun to write aren't they? Was there a scene you were shaky about but got more likes then you expected?

94sMixtape: Yes, the guy who I mentioned before, Koslov? He's Russian but he's also the antagonist of the story. There was a bit of terrorism in the story too and I didn't want anyone to think I was picking on any particular race, it was just part of the story so I was worried about that but all of my readers completely understood.

MG: That makes sense. Sometimes you gotta take risks! Now out of all three of the stories which one is your favorite. And kind of a part to this question as I go on with takes fakers each book gets better in my opinion and it's because I know what people liked and what I liked better? Do you feel the same?

94sMixtape: I feel immensely proud of my first book because of the reads it has gotten, it totally surprised me but personally my favorite so far has been the second book. I totally agree with you, as I go on I've bonded more with my readers and understood what they like to read.

MG: We're there any comments that stuck out to you?

94sMixtape: Sometimes I get used to all the positive comments that a rude one will really surprise me but it always makes me a better writer when a reader points out a flaw. It kinda sucked when some readers didn't like Eric, one of the main characters,because I really loved creating him but it helped me improve his character in the next book.

MG: If im being honest a couple characters like Eric were hard to get used to but I ended up liking them

94sMixtape: Yeah I think my problem with Eric was that I was trying too hard to make him into the mold of the cliche wattpad bad boy but he isn't like that at all and that's one of the things that will change when I rewrite the book. He's going to be much better developed

MG: Well sounds interesting! Last question: Were you surprised by the amount if reads and votes you got on your book

94sMixtape: I was insanely surprised. I wasn't even planning on making it a series or anything. I was focused on writing another book and Just Undercover was more of a side project to just keep me busy. I had no idea so many people would read it.

End Of Interview

Thank you to the author 94sMixtape for the interview. We loved interviewing you as much as we loved reading your book.