Chapter 1

Alex pulled his hand from the chest of the man and the man's body shrunk on the ground.

"Poor old man," Alex said with a smirk playing on his face.

He walked coolly feeling refreshed and headed to his house, The Quarters. He owns it but he's not the only one living there; he's with the other larcenists. Well, that's what humans call them. Sitting on his bed, he turned on the television. Another freaking news, he thought.

"It was discovered that most cases of people dying everyday is due to old age but lately it was found out that the missing persons are connected to the ones dying everyday because of old age. It turns out that they suddenly look old. Even the scientists wants to know more of it. Until now, there is no cure for this kind of illness. And now-"

He turned off the television and lie asleep on his bed. Before his mind drifts far away, he thought of how these creatures found out how people die. Well, they weren't that much of an imbecile anyway, he said to himself.

Waking up from a deep sleep, he heard people talking in the office just beside his room.

"He should be aware of this! It's very dangerous now that they've known how humans die," a girl in blonde hair, Carmine, said.

"No! We should be careful right now," a man in forties exclaimed.

"Of course I know that! So we should tell him now before he sucks the life out of that girl," Carmine argued.

They heard the click of the door and knew then it was Alex, the heir of the larcenists, son of the late Algernon and Anabelle.

"So, who's the girl," Alex asked in a calm tone.

"Y-you're here," Carmine said.

"Who's that freaking girl I shouldn't suck the life out?!" Now, his voice is very turbulent. He couldn't care less. How come I shouldn't kill everyone I want to kill? I am the most powerful larcenist here, he thought for himself.

"She's Magdalene, the daughter of the one who governs the space," said by the guy with red hair, named Thunder.

"Alex, you should try to understand this! You or we can't kill any human-looking creature we meet at streets, like Magdalene. She's a part of the Space," the man in forties, Greg, said.

"And so," Alex impatiently said.

"Remember what happened to your parents when you were ten? Do you want it to happen again?"

Remembering the past, it hurts, like it had just happened yesterday. That was the day he promised to his parents, it won't ever happen again.

"We are the protectors of this dimension. I bet you know that. Everyone of us knows that but human must not. So we must not bring any conflict to this dimension or else that incident might happen again," Thunder explained.

Alex just stood there, his mind is still absorbing the revelation. So that explains what happened before, he thought.