beginning

As soon as I heard mama coming out from her room. I jumped from bed to act as if I was already up so that she wouldn't start screaming that I wasn't up already since it was already 5am in the morning.

I woke my siblings up before she would come out of the bathroom and start screaming my name and talk down on me about being a foolish person in front of my younger siblings
So I brought the Bible and headed straight to the parlor where we normally had our devotion every morning.

We sang, read Bible verses before we prayed and left for school while my parents left for work.
I was actually in my final year in secondary school, preparing for my Senior School Certificate Examinations(O level).

I was a science student,i had always been a promising child especially in my academics, I always tried my best in my exams but my parents felt I could do better.

Telling me I was the light of the family and I shouldn't let anyone tell me otherwise.

So after each examination I was always anxious and never enjoyed my holiday because I was always waiting for my results to come through or face the anger my parents had in store for me.

My parents believed so much in education, always talking about how he was a poor man because he wasn't educated
And I believed so much that education could bring forth riches.

He always blamed the fact that he was poor on the basis that he wasn't educated
This was someone that went to a polytechnic.

Well back to my story,as I prepared for school I thought about how I so much wanted to be an art student but couldn't because my parents wanted me to be a medical doctor.

They wanted to be rich and wanted nothing to cut forth their hopes, especially not my silly dreams of going to art class.
My parents believed no good career could be born out of being an art student.

As I ran to pick up my bag, my mother called me to give me money for my jamb exam which would enable me to take my university exams if I excelled in jamb.

I took it and headed to school.My immediate younger sibling already left for school. We were not in the same high school but we're in same class. She was 15 years old while I was 16.
I ran off to school on foot because my school was a twenty minute walk from home.
I got to school right before assembly.

I got to school right on time before the assembly started and it was Wednesday,a day for moral instructions, I had already gotten the height of moral lessons and moral talks.

I walked lazily to the hall, dragging my feet as I walked in. I had a lot on my mind and not whatever the priest had to say.

But who was I to say anything to this evangelist, I was just a student, I walked in with my Bible, (Revised Standard Version)
Which was what my school used, (RSV) and your hymn book which was compulsory, if you didn't have these then you were a bad student with no intention of making it life.

As I was thinking about my life and the pressure on me to pass my examinations
I looked up to the door to see my crush walking in,i dressed to make space for him and he came forward towards me
I waved at him, and he waved back. My heart was thumping,he walked past me and I could smell his cologne as he went and sat down with miss pimples.

I rolled my eyes, and just immediately the man of God preaching said I was possessed and that I should come out,that I was going to have a deliverance session after the moral instruction lecture. But luckily for me  he totally forgot about that later and I happily snuck into the class for our physics class.

I went to the class picked up my note, and physics manual, and the new school physics textbook. And ran to the lab I wanted to get a good seat at the back.
So I could see my crush and drool over him,till physics class was over I didn't have any interest in the step up transformers my teacher was talking about.
Nor did I care about the yellow paper that she said would soon come out for my (Senior School Certificate Examination).
Today was for my crush whose name is Xavier.

He was beautiful, don't tell me nothing cause he looked beautiful to me.
My teacher saw me not paying attention and asked me a question which I answered woefully and she shook her head and before she could continue the bell rang, signifying the end of physics class next class was our free period
.
I went back to class to rest, as I sat down my friend Tehilah came and we started talking about the party I missed on Saturday.
My parents wouldnt  allow me to attend such parties because the Holy Spirit wasn't there.
Tehilah was very pretty and had a very nice body she was sixteen years old.
I was one month older than her. But we were good friends.
She told me how miss pimples was all over Xavier at the party.
I smiled and acted like I didn't care.But I really did.
I listened to the rest of the story. While my mind was elsewhere.
I was definitely wishing my parents would let me be free as a bird.
For starters I was a virgin,I had never been kissed or loved by anyone apart from my parents.
It was tire some ...
I knew I had to do something fun before I left secondary school
Other wise time would fly and I would be the only one coming to our graduation party/prom without a date.