CHAPTER 41

EDWARDO'S POV

The doctor told us that she can go home since he's been keeping tabs on her for the past few days so we did.
We got to the counter to pay for her hospital bill. I brought out my black card to pay but she insisted on paying. We were bartering on who's to pay when the nurse blurted out.
"Are you newlyweds"
She opened her eyes in shock.
"Yea"
Oh my! I didn't think of that before saying it. I quickly gave the lady my card while turning to her. Her lips formed an O shape due to surprise and I immediately thought of stuffing food into it. My lips twitched into a smirk. If looks good kill am sure I'll be a dead piece of meat by now because of the death glare she was giving me. I thanked the nurse and wrapped my arms around her shoulders but she yanked it away and angrily marched out to the parking lot. She's so cute when she's angry. With a smile on my face I waved the nurse and followed my miss anger outside. I opened the door and met her standing.
"Why are you standing there"
"Am I supposed to walk up to any car" I smirked
"You should have just asked before coming out Miss Anger"
The name got her more angry. She raised her finger to poke it into my eyes.
"If you dare call me that again I'll m......."
She became stiff all of a sudden. I practically watched blood drain from her face.
"Are you ok"
She didn't answer. I won't be surprised that she has phase out but the reason why I don't know. She was staring at a particular thing. My eyes just followed where her gaze was focused on and I saw a car driving in. What's wrong.
"Show me your car...now"
Oh! she's bossy. I like it. I used my remote and my car beeped. She increased her pace of walking. I took long strides and caught up with her.
"What's the p..."
She raised her hand indicating that I should stop talking of which I immediately did. I opened the door and closed it after she settled down. As I went over to get into the car, I looked towards the car to know why she is like this. I saw the car stop and two boys came out. I remembered one from the hospital. He glanced my way and I quickly got into the car.
"Is he the rea....."
"Just drive"
I was cut short again. This is going to be tough. I switched on the car and it's engine roared back to life.
I drove out of the hospital and headed home. There was an awkward silence in the car. She was still stiff and deep in thoughts. How am I supposed to bring up a conversation like this.
"Common Emy you can relax now. We are no longer in the hospital. You are safe here"
I waited for it. I mean her harsh reply or something but nothing came. I guess am making progress.
"Besides your face looks like that of a rabbit covered in poop"
I earned a slap on my arm and her lips twitched as if to form a smile but nothing came. I didn't get her to smile but I know she's a bit relaxed now.
Few minutes later we were driving into my condo. I got out of the car and rushed to her side to be a gentleman for once but she beat me to it. Anyway I wasn't that hurt because I held her hands afterwards. She gave me the really look and I was 'yeah'. It was a whisper though. The boys greeted me while making the surprised sound to see the girl we kidnapped with me.
I ignored them and walked inside. I knew questions will come from Emy very soon so I braced myself for the answers.
"Wow.. your place is big and beautiful. "
"I thought you were going to ask me.... never mind thanks anyway"
"You thought I was going to ask you what"
"Nothing"
I got to one of the guest room close to mine and stopped.
"This is your room"
"Thanks"
I nodded. She was still standing beside me and I was wondering why she didn't go inside
"You don't like it?"
"No... you seized my hand"
Oh. That was when I discovered that I was still holding her hand in mine. I quickly let go while my face heated up. Oh God. why did I have to embarrass myself now. I looked at her face and she was getting ready to burst into laughter. By now I know my face must have turned into a red tomato. I scratched the back of my neck embarrassed.
"What's funny "
"You"
"Me, how?"
"You're blushing "
Darm! she noticed. I mumbled a take care and went into my room. As I walked to my room I replayed what happened and each time I blushed harder. What's this. You're such a piece of ass man.
I got into my room and snipper was there waiting for me. He greeted me and mumbled an answer.
"Your uncle called. He said....."
I looked at him immediately he mentioned my uncle. He's a nice man compared to my dad. I know my dad loves me but he uses me too much for his personal gain.
Snipper stopped what he was about to say and smirked.
"What's up with the smirk"
"You're blushing boss. Never seen you like that"
"Shut up and tell me what my uncle said"
He chuckled and earned a glare from me before composing himself.
"He's inviting you to dinner at his place on Sunday"
Woa, Uncle Horlugar doesn't just invite me to dine with his family. Something must be up. Anyway I'll find out when I get there on Sunday.
.
.
I've been in here for a while and the incident that occurred earlier left me with questions.
My stomach grumbled and that reminded me that I haven't eaten all day. I called the cook to prepare something for two which he said with be ready in twenty minutes.
I stood up, went to the bathroom and took a shower. Changed my clothes and looked at the mirror to see how I looked. When I looked at the mirror I knew that I was trying to look good. But for who? The girl next door? No no no I just want to look good always. Yea. That's it. I went to her room and knocked but no one answered. I continued knocking but got fed up and opened the door. I hope I don't walk inside to see a naked girl. That would be gross. I got in and checked everywhere but no sign of her. Could she have gotten tired and left. I should have kept her company. I rushed outside in attempt to look for her. I checked all the rooms close by and didn't find anything. I hope my boys didn't touch her. No! They wouldn't dare.
Out of curiosity I went to the footage room and checked the screen only to see her innocently staring at a photograph of my family at the other side of the house. I felt relieved and went to the direction in which I saw her. Her back was turned to me and she was so engrossed in whatever she was doing that she didn't know I was coming. I tiptoed in other to startle her. I made a noise and hid myself. She looked back but didn't see me. She started walking back to know who it was. I jumped out and she screamed and started shaking. I hugged her tightly wishing I didn't pull that stunt on her.
"It's me..It's me...You're safe. I'm sorry....I'm so sorry...I just wanted to play with you. I won't do it again. I promise."
She silently sobbed and gradually her shaking stopped.
"I'm sorry Emy"
She raised her face and looked at me. It was a mess.
"You better be"
I wiped her face and hugged her once more before leading her to the kitchen.
The cook served us spaghetti and meatballs.
I ate in silence. I mean I couldn't say anything considering the fact that I just pulled a stupid stunt on her. I mean it wasn't supposed to scare her that much. All these could only mean that something is troubling or scaring the shit out of her.
"Can I make use of your phone."
"Sure"
I brought out my phone from my pants and handed it over to her. After typing she placed the phone on her ear.
"Hello dad"