CHAPTER 33

"what are you saying Nils"
"your dad came into our house that evening carrying her in his arms.
She was soaked in her own blood. Anyway I don't know what happened and he didn't mention what happened. I think it's some kind of secret. My mum helped to try to stop the bleeding while your dad changed into fresh clothes. I knew that something was wrong with the way he changed into fresh clothes instead of just taking her straight to the hospital. But who was I to ask questions. I was just a teen. While we were on our way to the hospital my mom agreed to say that she's her daughter just to avoid unnecessary questions. One thing I discovered about your dad that day was the way he cared so much for her even though he didn't know who she was.
I could tell that he already loved her.
She was operated upon and bullets where removed from her body.
For two weeks she didn't wake and for that two weeks, your dad was with her. When my mom saw the level of love your dad had for Emy, she told him to take her in and that was how you guys got to know her"
"So no one adopted her since then?"
"Nah"
"And how did you know"
"When I discovered that both of you were having feelings for each other, I decided to ask my mum and after much pressure and a condition she finally told me"
"Which condition was that"
"That she knows why I want to find out"
"So you told her"
He started laughing. Oh boy he did. As if he read my thoughts, he stood up and ran downstairs. This boy is sick. Am certainly going to revenge.
After a bit running around I decided to pay Emy a visit. On getting there, I saw a face that looks like a familiar unpleasant face....

************************
EDWARDO'S POV

I sat in the car for hours waiting for Zena to leave the hospital so that I can see Emy. Not that I can't go in but the last time I went in her eyes were ranking me and I don't want her to question me. Her eyes where saying something. Which means, she knows me or has seen me somewhere before. I know Zena is her best friend and I also know that they've not been able to talk since she got here but how then does she seem to know me.
Finally, I saw her leaving the hospital. I got down and head towards her room.
She was lying there with all the gadgets adding her. A situation I placed her in. I shouldn't have used the gun on her that hard. I shouldn't have. Now see what happened.
I would give anything to have you stare at me with those eyes again. Tears came down in dozens. I didn't mean to hurt her. I swear, I didn't mean to but I did and here she is slipping away from the earth because of my stupidity.
A hand gripped my shoulder and when I looked at the owner of the hand, it was no other person than the talkative, Zena.
"What are you doing "
I quickly wiped my eyes so she wouldn't notice.
"Nothing "
"Am sorry to ask, do I know you"
Oh please don't
"I don't think so"
"Would you mind introducing yourself. No offence but I can't allow you stay here with her if I don't know and trust you"
"Ok...my name is Edwardo "
"Of course I know your name. Say something else"
This is what I've been trying to avoid
"Ok am the son of Mr and Mrs William Gate"
"I think that name is familiar but go on"
"My dad is a business tycoon and my mum was a model and she's the only daughter of the Queen of England, so the name will always be familiar "
"OMG how does it feel like to be in line to the throne"
"It's boring and frustrating "
"Yea...I can tell. With all the women at wealth at your disposal "
"Life is not all about the money"
"Educate me young man"
I laughed and just allowed her say whatever she wanted to say. I really don't have time for chit chats now. All I want is for Emy to be ok.
"So how did you meet my friend"
Am definitely in a pot of soup. What I'm I going to say to her.
Then a boy walked into the room and saved me from answering any further questions but not in a good way of actually saving me. I know him. Gotta get outta here....

I know it's short but I don't wanna keep you guys waiting....

© Winner Godwin
& Grace Aghedo
August 2018....
All rights reserved...