Chapter 4 (Confronting my fears)

Start from the beginning

"Behind those mountains..." John said pointing to the mountains ahead of us,

"live the Beasts".

I cringed at the information. Now I was watching those mountains in a different state of mind.

A wave of chill went down my spine when I visualized a Wolf staring at us from above there.

This information alone was enough to break the trance for all of us.

"Well, I think we should leave now, it will soon become dark and cold". I said.

We all headed back.

But I turned again to have a last glance at the no-man's land.

                 *****************

We all sat around the campfire, our source of warmth and glow in this crisp dark evening.

The sound of crickets is deafening but I'm focusing on the sound of burning and cracking of wood, which is so freaking satisfying.

We are playing Two truths One lie. Layla and John are done with their turns and I guessed their lie correctly.

Now it's my turn but I'll play with a twist. I'll say something witty and shocking and don't reveal which one is a lie.

"Hmm" I said pondering.

"I saw a murder last week."

Smile on Layla's face signified she had caught my lie, but, technically, it was a truth because I saw it in a TV show.

*mentally laughs an evil laugh*

"I sighted a Werewolf on the mountains today."

Her smile immediately disappeared as soon as the words left my mouth. She was not shocked. She was confused on which one was a lie, and she was not the only one.

"I hope you know It's two truths one lie, not the other way around." Harry said and a chuckle escaped my lips.

"Of course. I'll tell exactly two truths and one lie."

He nodded with a confused smirk.

"And my third statement is.... I like someone, I mean a boy."

Layla could become a perfect meme of a jaw drop with these expressions. I couldn't hold back my laugh.

I was laughing so hard, with my head threw backwards, that tears welled in my eyes.

I wiped them with the back of hand because I was not done yet.

"Okay. I'm so confused right now. You better tell us which one is a lie?" She asked eagerly.

"Nup, I'm not telling. You will never know which one is a lie."

"Hey that's not fair." Harry said shock of my statements still visible on his features.

"Stella tell me right now and here."

She said in a demanding tone.

"I mean you like a boy and I got to know this in a stupid game". She pretended to be heartbroken.

"It could be a lie." I said with a meaningful smile.

"Okay. You can at least tell us about the third statement being true or not."

Harry said, his eyes beaming with emotions.

We were sitting opposite to each other.

I stared in his light brown orbs but soon shifted my gaze downwards.