he loved me too early. pt 2

Start from the beginning

kaycee didn't even cry. she had built a wall around her heart, this stopped her emotions from showing and stopped her from feeling anything. she got in the car, and drove home without even shedding a tear.

kaycee got home, and trudged up the stairs. she made it to her bed, throwing herself on top. she stared at the picture frame that she set up on her nightstand and all at once, she lost it. her body shook intensely as her arms hugged her waist. " i can't believe he left- he left without even saying goodbye."

present time

kaycee jolted up as a scream ripped through her throat waking her up in the process. her sister ran into her room, holding her little sisters fragile body in her arms. " it's okay, kaycee, it's okay. it was just a bad dream."

kaycee has been having terrible nightmares recently, so terrible that she begins to hyperventilate and can't breath. kaycee won't talk about her dreams to anyone, she always kept them to herself, as she bared it all on her own.

no one knew what her nightmares were, until one night, they came true.

kaycee got up in the middle of the night to a phone call from serris, she didn't talk to the lew family as often because they all carried small pieces of sean's identity within themselves and it was to hard for kaycee to bare.

"serris? is everything okay?"

"kaycee, you need to get to the hospital, immediately. kaycee just please hurry." she said, full of sorrow.

kaycee got up out of bed, still in her pajamas she ran down the stairs and rushed into her car. she flew down the streets until she reached the hospital. kaycee ran to the front when she saw the petite asian girl. "serris, whats going on? is everything okay?"

"kaycee, sean got in a really bad car accident. he was on his way home, he was on his way to see you."

"what? but- but it's only been five months, he's not supposed to be back yet, is he- is he okay? she asked, afraid to hear the answer.

"he's got hurt pretty bad, but he will be okay. he has a concussion and a broken leg, he won't be able to dance for a while." she croaked out, trying not to loose it.

"he's still unconscious, but i wanted you to be the first person he wakes up to."

kaycee nodded and serris took her by the hand leading her to the room.

"kaycee, be prepared, he doesn't look too good."

kaycee walked in gazing at the badly bruised boy. she slowly walked over to his side, and bent over. her hand grazed his face, softly moving her hand through his hair. he still looked the same, the same boy she fell in love with five months ago.

his eyes started to twitch and his eyelids slowly fluttered open, he groaned as he squinted, the light obviously to bright for his eyes.

his eyes shifted to the hand that was tangled up in his hair and met her eyes, "kaycee?"

" i'm here, sean. i'm here." she said as tears spilled from her eyes onto the boys chest. " im here sean, and im not going to leave you."

after the doctors left, kaycee was left there with sean all by herself. his breathing evened out, indicating that he was asleep, so she took this opportunity to tell him things, she would never tell him when he was awake.

"sean lew, even after you left, you still remained my best friend. you always were and always will be my best friend. i know so many people wanted us to be more and quite honestly, i did too. i always thought about us being together, the thought always made its way into my head, making it impossible for it to go away. you made my life so much better and when you left it was like i had nothing left. you made dancing worth it and without you in my life, i had lost passion for it, because you were the one who drove me to do better each and every day and you are the one who challenged me to be the best version of myself, so when you left, there was no point in continuing. you made my life so much better. sean lew. shamu. shampoo. i love you so incredibly much, so much more than a best friend. i'm so in love with you and i'm so sorry it took me so long to realize it. i'm so sorry i didn't love you when you loved me. i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry i loved you too late.

"you never loved me too late, kayc, because i'm still so completely in love with you. sean said as he lifted himself up into a sitting position.

kaycee stepped back, completely baffled that he heard her. "sean, i thought you were sleeping."

ignoring her, he grabbed her hand, "kaycee, i love you so much. i'm so in love with you and i'm so sorry i left you. i'm so sorry that i never said goodbye, i just thought it would be less painful for you if you didn't see me such a mess. god only knows how much i thought about you. you were the first thought when i woke up and the last thought as i fell asleep. you were everything to me kaycee and i'm so sorry i hurt you. i'm so in love with you kaycee caitlin rice and i never want to loose you again.

"sean." kaycee whimpered as tears fell from her eyes. "i'm so in love with you sean charles lew."

he tucked a stray hair behind her ear and he looked into her eyes and to her lips, " you're so beautiful."

the kiss they shared was so soft and loving. it was everything she would have imagined. his hand tangled in her natural brown curls and her hand was planted on the side of his face.

they rested their foreheads on each other with large goofy smiles spread on their face, " you have no idea how long i waited to do that", kaycee said, smiling uncontrollably.

"if i would've known that you would confess your feelings to me like this, i would've gotten in a car accident sooner."

"shut up and kiss me," she said as she pulled his face to hers.

///

i wrote this several times and i could not just get it right. i still do not believe that this is perfect ending, but idk. let me know what you guys think! comment suggestions please! 💓

this is dedicated to seayceetings  she's so freaking talented and she inspired me so much to continue writing. ✨

thanks again!
- kamille ♥️🌻