Chapter 8: To understand the devil.

MY EYES FLUTTERED open, I went to rub my them but was stopped by a metal clang hanging onto my wrists

MY EYES FLUTTERED open, I went to rub my them but was stopped by a metal clang hanging onto my wrists. Pain hit me every time I pulled. My surroundings suddenly became clear around me.

I'm still in Kyle's apartment. Cuffed to the radiator. The back of my head began to ache making me realize that he hit me. Kyle hit me and I passed out. Because I found his creepy box about me.

"How are you feeling?" His familiar raspy voice asks from behind me. My body shivered in fear. I liked this psychopath for almost a year and in the last four days, it all went to hell.

I didn't respond to Kyle and he walked in front of me. He's still in the same outfit I saw him in so I'm assuming it's the same day. I've probably been gone for a few hours, the school realized that I'm not there, they call my parents, my family knows that I don't miss school so I must be in trouble, they call the police, I'm found at Kyle's. Or maybe my family hasn't noticed yet. I was once gone for two days and when I came back... they didn't even know I was gone.

"I know you hate me right now," Kyle said softly as he kneeled down in front of me. "I hate me for hurting you." I looked away from him and my lips trembled.

My view faced the window, where it's now completely dark outside. I've been gone all day, at least Dylan should have noticed I was gone. Please let Dylan notice.

Kyle followed my gaze and smiled. "It's 3 am the next day. You've been out for almost 24 hours." That means they can call the police and report me as missing. "I texted your family from your phone saying that you're going to stay the weekend at a friend's house. They didn't respond but I'm guessing that is normal." No one is going to find me.

"You know, society nowadays doesn't care what you fucking do with your life as long as it benefits them. You're own goddamn family sees you as a potential profit. No one cares and it's not about who are you." Kyle smiled at me like a mad man. "It's just the normal fucking human way."

I stayed silent, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of speaking with me. Like this is all okay. I feel disgusted. I actually liked him, I kissed him, I lost my virginity to him. This entire time, I was his end goal.

"I went through your phone." He told me and sat back on the floor in front of me. "And I found messages that concern me." He lifts up my phone and waves around before unlocking it. "Dylan says 'I had a great time last night' and you say 'it was amazing'. Is Dylan someone else?" I looked away from him again and clenched my jaw. If he does anything to hurt him- "You sly dog." Kyle laughed. "Me and Dylan? Going through your sister's exes like it's nothing."

I didn't say anything but just closed my eyes. I couldn't look at him. The boy I dreamed about, I planned futures with, ruined my relationship with my sister for.

"I think I'm going to have a talk with my buddy, Dylan." He told me.

"Don't," I growled. "Don't you dare."