But I didn't want to keep secrets from her either.

I could reassure her as much as needed after the fact.

Reassure her that she's the only one that my heart desired to be with.

Regardless of whatever words were going to come out of my mouth during this conversation...

"I'm guessing it's going to bo something to do with the fact that I'm still currently lacking a wife," I said.

I watched a sad expression cross her face for barely a moment.

"Oh," Is all she said as a response, her shoulders stiffening just enough to be noticeable.

I brought her hand up to my lips and placed a kiss on it, only pulling it away a little bit before speaking my next words

"It'll be fine. it's nothing that I haven't already been through," I spoke softly.

My gesture got her to relax a little.

"I know but-," she stopped, shaking her head before she started again, "Do you want me to go with you?"

Did I?

I knew that this was probably going to be a difficult topic for her to have to listen to, and my father doesn't exactly take things lightly...

Although, depending on how this conversation goes, it would probably be easier to clarify things if she was there for the conversation rather than me trying to explain the whole thing.

But part of me didn't really want her to witness this.

I had a very short fuse when it came down to my father, although, maybe having her there would calm me down.

Maybe.

"Do you want to come?" I asked, deciding that it would probably be better for her to make this decision.

She blinked in uncertainty.

"Is there any reason that I shouldn't?" She asked.

I shrugged lazily, kissing her hand again.

"Not unless you really don't want to watch my father scream at me."

A nervous and worried look crossed her face once again.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone has the same family life that I have.

Or maybe I forgot that it was considered strange that I was used to this sort of thing.

"I-I'll go." She finally said, not sounding confident by any means.

"Are you sure?" I asked, squeezing her hand.

She nodded, offering me a small smile.

"Alright," I sighed out, "Let's go."

~~~

I didn't even glance at the guards as they opened the ridiculously tall doors leading to my father's throne room.

His eyes lifted from his relaxed position upon it as I walked in, Khloe two steps behind me.

Luckily it was more common for royal pets not to have leashes. It's believed that royal pets are so well trained and behaved that there's no need for them.

Or in my case it's just less demeaning for Khloe.

Being admittedly curious, I let my eyes wander around the room.

I was interested in what my father might have done to the room that he so desperately tried to make me want before he realized that I wasn't going to give in anytime soon.