Then and Now

Heyo, I'm totally not dead lmao
Wow I was a a bad writer back den amiright?-
Anywho this was just a idea that came to me, and I wanted to make a short story out of it!
Warning: if you haven't read and finished the second TGGBB book, don't read this.
Also, keep in mind this is set seven years into the future. Naomi and Jordan are 24, Bennett and Declan are 25, and cute little Deliah is 7. Bennett, Naomi and Declan all have Bachelor's degrees while Jordan decided to start college a two years late and is still working on it.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy!!!

~~~

"So how do you think Deliah's day went?" I asked, trying to break the silence. She's seven years old now, and today was officially her first day in elementary school.

"I think it went great. Though you might want to tell Declan that- he seemed stressed this morning." Jordan sniggered, reminding me of when he called us this morning to ask for ways to calm down. Jordan was sitting on the floor, his back pressed to the couch. In his hand he had a controller and was playing a first person shooting game. Jordan had grown out his hair, so now his loose curls went slightly passed his ears. He worked at an Apple store, as an assistant manger while he explores the challenges of college.

So much fun.

"At this rate, he might as well be the dad," Bennett chipped in, stirring his coffee. Bennett sat on the arm of the couch and focused on the TV. He hasn't changed much, other then the fact he talks a bit more.

And his dad cut off the money he received from the company.

At first it was a bit hard, we had to adjust to the fact that he couldn't buy as everything anymore. Cue Jordans groans. But overall I'm proud of him. He's finally working as a chef with Cooke, making his own money and building the life that he wants. Bennett's happy, and that makes me and the guys happy.

And as for Declan, he became a music artist. He writes and sings songs, making him a complete hit with everyone, including little Deliah. Out of all of us, he changed the most. Outward appearance I mean. He grew a stubble, and now he seems more mature.

Keyword: seems.

And as for me, I work part time at a cute bookstore downtown. I grew out my hair, which now hangs in loose waves around my waist. I traded in my thick black glasses for thinner black glasses (whoa big change) that have small sliver diamonds on the side.

"I really hope Deliah is doing okay. She was so excited this morning over the phone," I smiled and the memory. Declan had called me earlier when I went to the bookstore to start my shift, saying that Deliah wanted to get my opinion on what to do before she went to school. I told her to be herself, and everyone would love her. She took deep breaths, told me to have a good day, and said thanks for the valuable information.

Yeah the teachers are going to love her.

Bennett finished up his coffee and set it down on the table, "knowing how brave and determined she is, she probably did great. Let's hope that Declan doesn't hug the life our of her though, he didn't seem to eager to let her go." Bennett checked his phone. "Alright guys I have to go, Cooke texted and said he needed hands on deck for the dinner rush. They have lots of reserves, and not enough staff." Bennett placed a soft, lingering kiss on my lips.

"Ew PDA. No one wants to see that," Jordan snorts, looking at us. He glared playfully, before turning back to his game.

"Your just mad because you don't have a girlfriend," I teased,  Jordan jerked back around and his character got shot. He groaned.
"It took me forever to get there. . ."

I patted his shoulder, "you'll be okay." I said, as Jordan hit his head on the controller.

"Bennett if you need anything, just call. Jordan and I are going to visit Deliah's parents and Declan to see how they're doing." I told him, and he nodded.

"Wait we are?" Jordan asked and I glanced at him.
"I thought you wouldn't mind, Deliah asked if we can come over so we can all bake cookies together. It's like a 'mini celebration' for her 'surviving' first grade. Her words not mine."

Bennett sighed, "and I have to miss that." Jordan stood up and stretched, he had turned off his game and now the TV was back on Spongebob Squarepants.

Yes, we do watch it.

No, we do not care if it's childish.

"

Sorry Bent, just you just have to deal with it," Jordan paused, then smiled mischievously. "But that also means I get a second chance and wowing Naomi. . ."

"No," Bennett and I said flatly, staring Jordan down. Jordan grumbled underneath his breath and went to find a jacket. I stood up next, and looked at Bennett. "Can you drive us? I didn't bring my car."

"Well yeah Bennett did drive us all hear," Jordan mumbled.
"What was that Jordie?"
He glared, "nothing. And don't call me that, it's annoying, sheesh."

Then Jordan shuddered, "thinking of Candice, I really don't know how she found me after all those years. You'd think some other hot dude would've  attracted her attention. But guess she never found anyone hotter then me, no surprise."

We rolled our eyes, and Bennett nodded. "Yeah I'll drop you guys off. Wear a jacket, it's a but chilly outside."

Soon enough, we had all put on jackets and were driving to Declans old house.

~~~
Soooooo....
Part two coming soon xD
I just wanted to get this chapter out as soon as I could.
Even though I'll probably never be as good a write as Rubix, I tried 😅
Thoughts? Comments?
Please like and follow thanks guys ❤