Tinder Profiles

"Jordan leave me alone," I glared at my friend, who is currently trying to get me to look through his Tinder profile. "I just want to play this Call of Duty game and at least win once against Ben- oh you gotta be kidding me! Seriously Bennett? Again?"

Bennett gave me a grin and paused the game. "You just have to focus. Not that hard, really."
Glancing between him and Jordan, I raise an eyebrow, "easier said than done."

"Come on Naomi please? I just want to make sure I look good." Jordan begs, looking back down at his phone. "I worked hard on these pictures."
I threw him an incredulous look, "just show your mom or something."
"She's my mother. She's supposed to support me," Jordan grumbled, then sat down on the couch next to me.
"Okay, did you try my mom?" I ask distractedly, noticing that Declan had walked in the room with a six pack cinnamon roll foil/pan.
"Dad made it," he announced, and Bennett sat a little straighter. He was trying to see inside of the pan.

"Wait your mom would look over my profile?" Jordan said excitedly. I shrugged, "sure you'd have to do it without dad knowing though. He's at work so that wouldn't be hard but- Declan give me a roll I'm hungry."
"But what?"
"He comes home early Friday's," I peel away a layer from the cinnamon roll, and frown slightly. "Declan maybe Bennett could give your dad some pointers on how to make fluffy cinnamon rolls or something they are a bit dry. Otherwise these are incredible! Jordan stop talking and try one of these." I push a roll in his hands and take another bite of my own.

Jordan shrugged and took a bite. He started talking around the cinnamon roll, and small bits of chewed food got thrown out. I slowly moved towards Bennett, not wanting to be in Jordan's line of fire. "So that means I have to leave now if I want to meet your mom before your dad gets back." I moved away from him even further, practically climbing into Bennett's lap. I freeze as soon as I get that thought. Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission.

"Jordan stop saying that you'll meet up my mom that way. It just sounds weird. And I really don't need another child to look after." I grumbled, moving my face to hide the blush from a very intuitive Bennett, who was peering at me curiously. Declan snorted, "another. Jordan should feel highly wounded."

"I already do," Jordan glared at Declan, but then grabbed his large furry coat. "Well I'll be right back."
"Don't you have to be at least 18 years old to have a Tinder account? And your 17," Bennett asked, tilting his head to the side. Jordan shrugged, "beats me. All I know is that adults don't know that. I hope." He left, phone in hand and already on the Tinder front profile page. "He's hopeless," Declan mumbled.

I eyed the last two cinnamon rolls on the pan. I can get one, I can get one, I can- Declan picked up one of the last two, and suddenly the last roll seemed highly tempting. "I gotta go too. Dad made me drop by 'my friends homes' to give you all one of these. Mom wanted me to babysit Delilah so," Declan paused to slip on a jean jacket because of the frigid air outside. "I'll meet up with you guys at the movies or something in three hours. Please forget to tell Jordan yeah?" I frowned slightly, "Declan you need a thicker coat. Just because the jean jacket looks cool doesn't mean it's worth you sick in bed all week." I go to a closet and pull out on of the thick coats Bennett bought in case we need to get to the base quickly and have no time to pick up one from our own homes. It was red and had soft padding on the inside that's supposed to keep warm air in and cold air out.

"Naomi no-" I glared at Declan shutting him up, and he seemed to shrink back quickly pulling off his sad excuse for a jacket. The thing would've turned into a popsicle. Snatching away the future popsicle, I walked back to the closet. When I returned to Declan, he blinked at me. "Don't tell me you can't put on the coat," I said, sighing. I helped him put on the coat, despite his protests. "If you would have put it on earlier, then this wouldn't have happened," I scolded, and pink slowly bloomed across Declan's cheeks.
"Right, thanks Naomi." He muttered, and I paused looking up at him. I suddenly realized how much I overreacted, and how bad this must've looked.
"Sorry," I mumbled, fighting the urge of zipping up his jacket. Geez I'm pathetic. "I just don't want you to get sick is all."

Declan grinned, "it's okay. Oh and when you said your father gets home early, didn't you mean around 5?" I smile smugly, "yes I did."
"Naomi, it's 4:01 right now," Declan said, checking his wristwatch.
"I know."
"This is why you are my favorite," Declan ruffled my hair and left. "Remember to show up at the movies!"
"Okay," I called back, before turning around plopping back on the couch next to Bennett.

Now, about that cinnamon roll. . .

"He does realize we aren't allowed back in the cinema we went to before because of the popcorn fight right?" Bennett asks, glancing at me. I paused, thinking it over. "Let's let Declan figure it out on his own. Can Lynn and Brennan come to?"
"Sure," Bennett picked up the Xbox controller. "Want to continue?"

During the next hour and thirty minutes, Bennett managed to kill my avatar a good seven times.

Me? None. Nada. Zip. Zap. Zero.

What does this say about my shooting skills?

I'll leave that up to you.

"Your really bad at this," Bennett said, munching on chips I got when we paused the game for a bathroom break. "Good at hiding which is why I got you only seven times, but otherwise just hiding."
Only.
Man do I suck at this.
I gave him a nasty glare that made him chuckle. "Here, you've been eyeing this more then looking at the game."
And like the wonderful food saint Bennett Fraizer is, he gave me the last cinnamon roll. "Yes! Thank you." I squealed, and ate it.

I quickly glanced at the clock, "it's 5:32 and Declan said we should meet up at the movies at 7:00. What should we do to kill time?"

Bennett's rarely seen smile appears. "How about you give one of my cars a joy ride?"

~~~

Sara: *high fives self because she thought of this*
I literally feel so smart :) so this is roughly 1100 words... The next one will be longer though. I've had this chapter fully written for a while now, I just didn't know how to end it.
So what did you guys think?