cнapтer 3

Neither of the two guests were really into "Urie Party"s, so, leaving seemed like the best resort

~•|Chapter 3: The Escape|•~

Y/n's pov

After me and Dallon pretty much read each other's minds, he pulled me up and started weaving our way through the crowd. I held his hand, because I had no idea where the exit was. The way he moved was as if he'd done this hundreds of times.

My camera thumped against my chest as we walked, making me check my camera when we got into the clear. I made sure the cap was still intact and nothing was broken. I hugged it close to my chest as we exited the house. This camera was something important to me, I'd be devastated if it broke at this crazy party I wasn't used to.

Dallon let go of my wrist when we got outside "sorry for grabbing your wrist suddenly like that" he apologized, sincere.

"it's no problem. You saved me from that horrendous mess of a party, I will be forever grateful" I joked, making Dallon chuckle a bit.

"well then, I guess you're welcome" he smiled at me. In the moon light, his teeth glimmered a bit as he smiled. You could tell it was genuine. I smiled back.

"hey, um, could I possibly get a ride?" I asked after a couple seconds of a kind of awkward silence. "Nicole brought me with her and now I'm kinda stuck" I explained.

"yeah, of course. Maybe we could go to McDonalds or something on the way. Get to know each other a bit" Dallon offered.

"sure, I'd like that" I smiled a bit more.

Dallon led me to his car. When he unlocked it, I got in the passenger seat and he got in the driver's seat. When he turned the engine on, the radio turned on. He quickly went turn it down. I laughed a bit "you don't have to mute the music. Life's no fun without it" I joked. Dallon gave a a small chuckled "alright, then" he said in response.

He started driving "what's your address, by the way?" Dallon asked as he started driving towards the nearest McDonald's I presume.

"oh, I live down in Long Beach" I answered "I find it as one of the calmer parts of California" I told him, smiling a bit. Dallon chuckled "that certainly is true" he said.

After a couple minute of jamming out to some Beetles in the car, we got to the McDonalds. As he parked, I couldn't help but see how beautiful the sky was. Even if this was just a McDonald's, it almost looked majestic with the clouds and the reflections of light in forms of colors.

And these types of moments are why I majored in photography. I grabbed my camera and backed up to get a good angle before taking a couple different pictures. Dallon looked at me in confusion, making me blush "sorry, I couldn't help myself" I stated.

Dallon chuckled at my blush "no, no, it's fine. I'm just confused as to why a picture McDonald's should be in your camera roll" he said, holding the door open for me. I entered, holding the other door for him

"it was pretty. I have an eye for these types of things" I told him as I followed inside after Dallon. "I could show you the picture, if you'd like. It may have just been a McDonald's to you, but it was something else to me"

Dallon nodded "sure. I'd love to see through the eyes of a different type of artist" he said as he went up to the fancy kiosk to order. We both took a couple minutes before actually ordering. I got a chicken salad and a shake while he got a Big Mac and a Dr Pepper.

As we waited for our order, we sat at one of the booths available. I went over to his side to show him the picture I took. I never take my camera off unless I trust the person. I had just met Dallon, so, I wasn't taking it off.

Dallon looked at it, impressed "wow. That's very aesthetically pleasing"

"yep! That's my favorite style of photography" I said, laughing a bit "I also can do modeling. I have a couple pictures of Nicole and my friend Amelia modeling. I also take surprise, in the moment shots. And portfolio shots. But, I like the aesthetic ones so much more than all of them" I realized I was rambling, making me stop talking

Dallon chuckled "maybe you could teach me sometime, since you're so professional" he joked.

"I gladly would if we ever met again" I said, smiling at him

"I hope we can. Oh, speaking of which, can I get your number?" Dallon asked me "Not to hook up! Just to be friends!" he added quickly

"yeah, of course" I said, laughing a bit as I handed him my phone and he handed me his. After we put our numbers in, our food came. We started digging in.