cнapтer 2

It wasn’t abnormal for Dallon to be invited to parties, especially not when the invite came from Brendon Urie. Dallon happened to love Brendon (platonically, of course), but not so much the parties - especially when the party was to invite his ‘replacement.’

~•|Chapter 2: To Go Or Not To Go|•~

3rd POV

Dallon spent a good half an hour or so trying to pick out his best 'I'm not here to take my spot back' flower shirt. Then, putting on just a liiiiittle bit of his famous sparkles to his face.

He looked at his car keys on the coffee table, for a moment considering not to even go to this party. He shook the thought out of his mind and grabbed his keys anyways, trudging out the door and to his car.

As Dallon was driving, he felt himself dreading on this decision, on even saying yes in general. Soon, he pulled he saw Brendon's house and parked in front of his house. When he got out, he cocked an eyebrow: there weren't that many cars down the street. Normally, if the Urie household held a party, the mile long road would be packed. He took a deep breath as he walked to the stairs to the door, "just keep a positive mind, Dallon, maybe things are different this time" he told himself as he rung the doorbell.

Nearly as soon as his finger touched the door bell, Dan Pawlovich opened the door "Dallon! You made it! Come in, come in!" he said in a welcoming manner. Dallon put on a smile as he saw some familiar faces through the doorframe.

"yep, I did make it" Dallon answered as he walked into the house. In the living room, he could hear a feminine voice. Nicole and Brendon were talking together.

What snapped him out of his thoughts was when Dan had said "oh Dal, did you forget a gift?". Dallon's heart stopped

“We had to bring a gift?” he asked, a bit of a panicked tone to his words.

Dan laughed "nah, I'm just kidding with you, Dal. We didn't have to bring her anything" he chuckled

Dallon's face turned from panicked to confused. Brendon had never hired a chick to play in the band before...hopefully she keeps her priorities straighter than Brendon is (which, honestly, wouldn't take much effort, as the man IS pansexual). "her?" he echoed in confusion. As much as the thought came up, he still didn't expect this.

Spencer Smith, from the kitchen, nodded. "Yeah, she's pretty cool." he said. Dallon nodded before Spencer continued "she brought her friend too. Names....um, her name is, uh...Julia, right?" Spencer looked at Dan.

Dan rolled his eyes "her name is y/n, man! C'mon dude, you just met her!" he stated in a disappointed voice "how did you forget it already?!"

Spencer rolled his eyes back and stuck his tongue out in mockery "hey, I'm not good with names! You know that!"

"Hey, could one of you guys pass me a beer?" A girl interrupted them, peering in from the living room. Dallon looked at her, at first surprised by her sudden appearance, then stiffening slightly as he looked at her. The way the dimming sunlight hit her eyes from her playful stance in the doorway made them look like a hazelish-green. Not only that, but the light gave her skin a golden tint that, most would say, comes only from the 'golden hour', but, Fallon would say she always carried that. Like what an angel would hypothetically look like.

"Helloooooooo?" The girl dragged the word out, wanting attention. The guys were still arguing about names and she noticed Dallon staring at her.

Dallon blinked back into awareness, reaching over to get the girl a beer. He also grabbed a Dr Pepper for himself. Dallon smiled as he handed the girl the beer "You're Nic, right?" he asked

The girl laughed a bit "Oh god- no no, I'm not the bass Queen. I'm Y/n" she introduced as she used the edge of her shirt to open the bottle. Dallon nodded as he popped open the can in his hand

“Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Dallon" Dallon introduced back

Y/n nodded "I know" she said with a smile as they clicked glasses. They both made their separate ways; Dallon exchanging pleasantries with Nicole and Y/n just sitting on the couch awkwardly.

Y/n watched as more people started filing in as the time passed. That's when Dallon realized - this isn't some friendly party, it's a Urie party. It's a 'you're not going to be able to walk tomorrow' party. He ended up squeezing close to Y/n to get out of the craziness.

Dallon then saw Y/n's camera strapped around her neck "is that your camera?" he asked curiously, looking at it

"yep, it is" Y/n said bluntly, as if expecting Dallon to ask for her to show him some pictures or something. Dallon knew that feeling, so he didn't even bother asking. 

"Have you taken any good ones, lately?" Dallon asked instead. Y/n, sipping her drink as she nodded. Dallon nodded too, awkwardly going to take a sip from his can of Dr Pepper. He frowned when he realized it was empty.

Y/n spoke up, breaking the silence between the two "I'm pretty good, but, I ain't no Jake Chalms" she joked.

"Well, I ain't no bass queen, but I'd give Brendon a run for his money" Dallon replied, making Y/n smile a bit out of the corner of his eye

This would either be different or exactly the same

Dallon had been thinking this one thought all night in a somewhat morbid, somber way. He glance at Y/n after he started smelling the prominent, musty scent of weed that made him cringe. It was like clanging a loud bell in the middle of absolute silence. Y/n seemed to understand Dallon's mental communication and nodded. Dallon nodded back, knowing at this moment that they both shared the same dirty secret