Depression Quotes 3

"A big part of depression is feeling really lonely,  even if you're in a room full of a million people."

~~~~~

 "That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end. The fog is like a cage without a key."

~~~~~

"Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our soul, it leads to discouragement."

~~~~~

"It is very hard to explain to people who have never known serious depression or anxiety the sheer continuous intensity of it. There is no off switch."

~~~~~

"People who have never dealt with depression think it's just being sad or being in a bad mood. That's not what depression is for me; it's falling into a state of grayness and numbness."

~~~~~

"Here is the tragedy: when you are the victim of depression, not only do you feel utterly helpless and abandoned by the world, you also know that very few people can understand, or even begin to believe, that life can be this painful. There is nothing I can think of that is quite as isolating as this."

~~~~~

"I suffer from deep depression, so my only release is music."

~~~~~

"If you look at suicides, most of them are connected to depression. And the mental health system just fails them. It's so sad. We know what to do. We just don't do it."

~~~~~

"Depression has been called the world's number one public health problem. In fact, depression is so widespread it is considered the common cold of psychiatric disturbances. But there is a grim difference between depression and a cold. Depression can kill you."  

~~~~~

"Dealing with depression effectively is a mark not of weakness, but of strength."

~~~~~

all above quotes from www.brainyquote.com

~~~~~

"It all starts with not wanting to get out of bed, that's how you know you're getting bad again." 

~~~~~

"My body and heart weren't made for this. I'm tired of being tired and I'm tired of being sad." 

~~~~~

"Nobody ever tells you that emptiness weighs the most." 

~~~~~

"I thought by masking the depression with silence, the feelings might disappear."

~~~~~

"I want to sleep until I feel better."

~~~~~

"I am sad all the time and the sadness is so heavy that I can't get away from it."

~~~~~

"I feel so disconnected from the world, and I feel like no one even notices me or cares about me anymore."

~~~~~

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

~~~~~

"Depression isn't just being a bit sad. It's feeling nothing. It's not wanting to be alive anymore."

~~~~~

"Depression has nothing to do with having a bad day or being sad."

~~~~~

"Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be happy with myself. I worry that if I can't be happy with myself, then nobody will ever be happy with me"

~~~~~

"Sometimes I get so sad. So sad that I completely shut down. I stare blankly at the wall and it doesn't matter what you say to me. Because in that moment. I don't exist."

~~~~~

"When a depressed person shrinks away from your touch it does not mean she is rejecting you. Rather she is protecting you from the foul, destructive evil which she believes is the essence of her being and which she believes can injure you."

~~~~~

-all the above quotes are from www.healthlyplace.com/