Chapter 47: Destination Unknown

The following morning.

SEBASTIAN: Get up lazy bones. 

Caitlin stared through bleary eyelashes at her phone, the bright screen contrasting against the dimly lit room she and Charlotte were staying in.

CAITLIN: You've got a right cheek calling me lazy bones, it's 9am!  What makes you think I'm not up already?

SEBASTIAN: I just know.  Get up, and be ready.  You're being picked up in half an hour.

CAITLIN: You're not finished already surely?

SEBASTIAN: Not quite, but soon.  I'm sending you a car and taking you for breakfast - I'll meet you en route...

Still not fully awake Caitlin flopped back down and lay staring up at the ceiling.  She didn't move for almost five minutes, slowly blinking her eyes and willing herself to not fall back to sleep.

Eventually confessing to herself that she had laid in bed for as long as she was feasible, she slipped out from between the bedsheets and tiptoed into the bathroom, trying her hardest not to wake Charlotte.

~*~

Nosily Caitlin looked around as the black car drove through the middle of the city.

"Where are we going?" she asked impatiently, shifting forwards to the edge of her seat to better speak to the driver in the front.

"I'm not allowed to tell you Ma'am," he said with an amused grin.

"Don't.  Don't do that," mumbled Caitlin, referencing the Ma'am comment and collapsing backwards into her seat dejectedly. 

The driver chuckled.  "You'll work it out pretty soon."

Sure enough, within a few minutes Caitlin cottoned on.  He was driving her towards the airport.

The driver turned off the main approach road to the terminal, and drove up to a tall metal gate, with barbed wire curling in circles along the top.

The driver flashed a piece of paperwork at someone stood in front of the guard house.  Apparently everything was in order with the paperwork, because shortly afterwards the security guard gave a little nod, and handing the paperwork back pressed a button releasing the gate.

The entrance way swung open and they drove into a courtyard, a smaller secretive part of the airport, where around 50 private jets of all shapes, colours and sizes were parked in neat rows.

The driver drove a short way, before turning down the third row and coming to a stop in front of one of the noses of a small light grey aircraft.

The driver climbed out of the car and shut the door behind him.

Timed to perfection, the doorway to the aircraft slowly started to swing downwards revealing a set of steps. 

"You're kidding," said Caitlin flatly to the empty car.

CAITLIN: You're completely mental.  But I love it!!  😍

"Your carriage awaits ... ma'am," said the driver with a wicked smile, who had come around to her side of the car, holding the door open.

Grinning back at him, Caitlin grabbed her handbag and pulled herself out the car.  With a nod of thanks, she started to make her way up the stairs, and stepped (or rather clambered, although she was making a concerted effort to behave with decorum) on board.