Chapter 17: Pool Day

Monday Morning

"I don't know what to pack," complained Charlotte.

"What do you mean?  We're leaving the hotel - pack everything!"

"Well we've got to checkout so early.  It's 9am and we're packing but we're not flying until 10:25 tonight!  What if I pack something I might need?  What if the weather changes this afternoon?"

"Charlotte!" cried Caitlin exasperatedly, "We're spending the day by the pool.  Just put a bikini and a towel to the side, and whatever you want to wear on the plane, that's it!"

Caitlin was dressed already, wearing a coral red bikini with a black sarong wrapped around her waist and black flip flops.

"Yes, but then what will I do with my wet swimming stuff afterwards?  I'll need to put it in my suitcase at the airport!" Charlotte moaned, obviously distressed. 

"Oh my god, problem solving is your job!" laughed Caitlin, incredulously.

Their hotel room door burst open, and Franny and Alex walked in, each wearing swimming shorts with a towel thrown over their shoulders, and pulling their Ferrari red holdall suitcases behind them.

"Oh for god's sake, aren't you two ready yet?" complained Alex.

"No.  Charlotte's being useless."

"Well I'm not missing out on pool time just because of her," mumbled Franny.

"Come ooonnn Charlotte!" called Alex.

"Ok ok.  Jeesh.  Give me five minutes!"

~*~

Almost an hour later, the four of them arrived at the poolside at the hotel, and settled down around a set of sun loungers, where they'd spotted Pierre and Jon.

Following the race result, the team had decided not to go out last night but to spend their morning by the pool instead, to enjoy as much as they could before they flew out.

The boys' conversation quickly turned to cars and the race yesterday.  Caitlin didn't want to think about the race again – she rolled her eyes at Charlotte.

"Here we go again."

"At least it's not football this time," said Charlotte with a smirk.  "I don't know what you're complaining about anyway, I had to put up with this crap on my own all year last year."

"Ooh yeh, it must have been awful – a single girl travelling the world with 50 guys for a year.  I don't know how you coped!!"

They both laughed.

"There must be some gossip in there somewhere," teased Caitlin keenly, "I can't believe all these nights out and poolside gatherings ended innocently."

"Nope, nothing!"

"No way!  I don't believe you.  But Char, you're such a flirt!"

"Honest to god," said Charlotte, sweetly smiling innocently.

"There must have been an almost ?"

"Hmm" Charlotte wiggled her eyebrows grinning cheekily. 

"Oh really?"

"You can't tell anyone," Charlotte leant forward, beckoning Caitlin in aswell, "There was a night at the beginning of last year with Jon" she whispered, barely audible.

"What?  OUR Jon?" squealed Caitlin.

"SSSsssshhh!!"

The boys stopped talking and turned around.  "Huh?" asked Jon.